Diplomatic Immunity OOC: The Next Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA: [SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
WTF?!? You deleted that thread? I didn't want it deleted, only locked!
I think this is right here highlights all of our recent problems... We just don’t listen/hear/comprehend to each other anymore, I haven’t done anything with that thread including locking it like you asked. (I don't even remember reading that request. :heh: )

[I'm not trying to be snippy, just honest, and hopefully eye opening. (Insert real name here in friendly manner ;) ) somewhere along the line we butted heads and we have been talking defensive even since. (It wasn’t my fault)]

You know what? Truthfully, it doesn't matter, we always have the option to wiping the slate clean and starting anew.

So why not do that here? (Well real close I want to reply to this but only cause it does offer insight into a character.)

Rystil Arden said:
As for pointing that out, I totally agree. I liked the way she was responding for the most part and thought it was good roleplaying.

I liked the roleplaying alot also except for the fight... Truth be told, it was rather hard, if not impossible to not like Catullus, and I really didn't like how it dissolved into a fight at the end (even if it did lend itself closer to what I was looking for originally) and I think I can find some happiness in it starting over again but one thing...

I sooooo hate you for pretty girl, the most beautiful thing that Kallithyia has seen in awhile, spreading coconut milk over my fierce Amazon. (She’s not Molpe! :mad: Don’t do things that while rile up her passion! Got me! :lol: :p ;) )

Honesty, I do like Catullus and if he shows that sort of compassion for Kallithyia consistently I can see her finding a large amount of respect, admiration, and maybe jealousy towards the fiancée (She probably won’t even admit it to herself let alone him), in the future for him.

Oh anyhow reboot time:
RA said:
Catullus came in with coconuts, trying to be kind to Kalli, etc. You choose how she reacts--I frankly don't care, but we are going to abstract it away and we are going to assume it and we are not going to play it out.

(Wow, that still reads angry to me... Sorry, for being suck a hassle. :( )

Anyhow... How she'll react it you find it acceptable:
She refuses to talk to him, at least as much as she can get away with, and she ignores the coconuts. (remember her words about the "kind ones" being worse? She's going to keep herself closed to him and she's going to ignore the coconuts out of pride.)

Anyhow later in the night, when she's alone, she does breakdown and enjoys the coconuts like any true Palmaid would. (You can only ignore whom you truly are for so long.)

So, they are not friends, I doubt they talked much about themselves (including Catullus fiancée but you tell me yay or nay on that one), the coconuts did gain Catullus alot (Its not something she gets very often) but Kallithyia still expects the worse and doesn't trust him.

So let me know,
Adam/BS

PS the other prologue thread? I hope you don't see it as a total waste of time, I learned alot about my character from it even if it never did happen (It's like a really good episode of Star Trek: TNG! :lol: ) and I hope you did too. :) [/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
FYI, Vasha swaped out a spell I've been meaining too for a while (In her memorised ones, not a chosen spell.) Calm animals doesn't seem quite as usefull at the moment ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
I think this is right here highlights all of our recent problems... We just don’t listen/hear/comprehend to each other anymore, I haven’t done anything with that thread including locking it like you asked. (I don't even remember reading that request. )

Hmm, I think you are absolutely right about that.

hard, if not impossible to not like Catullus, and I really didn't like how it dissolved into a fight at the end (even if it did lend itself closer to what I was looking for originally) and I think I can find some happiness in it starting over again but one thing...

I sooooo hate you for pretty girl, the most beautiful thing that Kallithyia has seen in awhile, spreading coconut milk over my fierce Amazon. (She’s not Molpe! Don’t do things that while rile up her passion! Got me! )

Honesty, I do like Catullus and if he shows that sort of compassion for Kallithyia consistently I can see her finding a large amount of respect, admiration, and maybe jealousy towards the fiancée (She probably won’t even admit it to herself let alone him), in the future for him.

Frankly, I agree with you again, pretty much completely (even to the part about her not being Molpe, I totally agree). It seems like my saying that we aren't using it has upset you, and perhaps it is a needless waste of some of the material, so let's make a compromise: We can keep it in the background that it happened exactly as it happened in that thread except that around the time with the coconuts, maybe Kalli was still a bit uncomfortable to have him touching her, so she told Catullus that and he told her kindly that he understood and so he pierced the coconuts for her and gave them to her so that she could use them herself, leaving her alone with the promise of deliverance. This cuts out the whole 'pretty girl' bit as well as the fight, and I like it a lot for a Prelude. How does that sound?
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
FYI, Vasha swaped out a spell I've been meaining too for a while (In her memorised ones, not a chosen spell.) Calm animals doesn't seem quite as usefull at the moment ;)
Sure, thanks for letting me know, Bront :)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
Hmm, I think you are absolutely right about that.

I still haven't looked the thread yet. :lol:

Rystil Arden said:
How does that sound?
It's interesting... (We would keep the first 30 posts by my count and I would have to edit 31... Which leave me wanting to finish it with the new ending. :eek: One I suspect is two replies away.)

So I think we should just do the “stubborn/proud not talking to you scum but I’m going to enjoy your coconuts when no one is looking and wonder if you’re a ‘nice one’ or something I’ve never encountered before” summary that I just suggested. (I'm leaning this way mostly for the other players.)

[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
It's interesting... (We would keep the first 30 posts by my count and I would have to edit 31... Which leave me wanting to finish it with the new ending. One I suspect is two replies away.)
Oh, no. I don't want you to have to edit anything. You don't have to go in and change any posts. Let's just go with the idea I had, though, since I think it seems more natural, particularly since it flows well from what we got when we were actually roleplaying it out (before the misunderstanding part or the part you don't like), and the way I've suggested will work better for both the story and the other players :) Is that cool with you?
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
Is that cool with you?

Actually all I need is for you to say its okay to delete the posts... and 31 and on will be gone.

Truth be told, we've already started in this thread (no big deal) and I know the players know this as well... I would none of them know of the issues we had. (They might notice alot of posts gone but at least the thread is the same...)

I guess that's a silly idea... isn't it?

We needn't add any posts to it. I'm done if you’re done. :) [/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
If it would make you feel better about what we're doing to remove those posts so that it would be easier to flow from that to what we've been talking about here and then again to the next part, go for it :) Otherwise, I'm cool with keeping it the same and we can just know in our heads that those posts are where we stop paying attention (hey, keeps up our postcounts, right :D). By the way, now that I looked, I think that for our little exercise, we should keep it up to post 37 before we add in the new changed stuff (though we won't add any new posts, of course) that we discussed here :)
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA:[sblock] I cannot quote and SBlock tonight so I'll just SBlock for now... Keeping to 36 (you just want him to mention his fiancée. ;) ) and me giving a quick edit/repost of 37 saying she would manage on her own without offering any other question (to carry the conversation on farther) would probably work just awesomely.

You could even post his departure if you wanted too. :) ;) [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
If she said something like:

“I’m sorry, Catullus,” Kallithyia said frankly, more than a little surprised that she offered an apology at all, “but I’ve never had a reason to trust a man before, nor did I ever think I would even consider letting a man touch me… Frankly I wish your sister had came with you but she did not and the coconuts tempt and call to me…But no, I can't...I can't bring myself to let a man touch me like that...I don't even really know why I'm apologizing at all.”

And then he said something like:

"I understand Kallithyia. It is the way of your people, and you must do as you feel right so that you stay strong. Let me at least crack these open for you, since it will be hard to do with those chains, and then you will do the best you can with them yourself. Don't worry, Kallithyia. You are very brave woman, and I know you will pull through. I'll leave you alone now, but I will see you again soon."

That would work well.

I am not , however, making any more posts to the Prelude, since we're going to assume it instead of actually post it, remember :D
[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads