Diplomatic Immunity OOC: The Next Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Wouldn’t only the nobles understand/speak such a language or is it possible for anyone to learn it?
High Praetorian is mainly spoken by the nobles and never by the merest commoners. Catullus is in more of the middle class merchant position, though, where he's gotta know both to deal with everyone. Even some commoners and slaves will learn it so they can understand it, though it is considered filthy for those dirty commoners to speak it.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA: [sblock]
Rystil Arden said:
High Praetorian is mainly spoken by the nobles and never by the merest commoners. Catullus is in more of the middle class merchant position, though, where he's gotta know both to deal with everyone. Even some commoners and slaves will learn it so they can understand it, though it is considered filthy for those dirty commoners to speak it.
Cool, I had no idea. Is there any issues if I swap one rank of Escape Artist for another language? (Picking up High Praetorian) [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
Nope, no issues--oh wait, except that Speak Language isn't an Amazon class skill so its two skill points (and that's a mistake I deserve for using all but on their skill list--it's right next to Spellcraft)
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
Nope, no issues--oh wait, except that Speak Language isn't an Amazon class skill so its two skill points (and that's a mistake I deserve for using all but on their skill list--it's right next to Spellcraft)

Oh is it? Well I guess in that case I need to redo her languages… Hmm. I guess she knows:
Conasan, Vaelysh, and Nibelangan (The first three languages she probably would have been exposed too.)

And her three skill points I had stolen already for languages will go back to Escape Artist. :) (I'm not going to spend 2 skill points a langauge for a character already suffering from a lack of skill points.)
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA: [sblock]No issue. It probably just means that Kalli cannot speak with anyone else in the group now. :|

How does the feat improve grapple work with the escape artist skill? (If it’s pointless I'll probably use those three/four skill points for her hide and move silently skills.)[/sblock]

Anyhow, nighty night all. I cannot even get ENworld to load right now. (RA replied to my reply long before I ever saw I had posted.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
Improved Grapple is only used for grapple checks, and you do indeed substitute the Escape Artist check for Grapple, so unfortunately they don't work together. Hide and Move Silently are neat skills to have :) Oh, and if she ever wants to take a level in Nymph, she gets tons of skill points with Speak Language as a class skill, plus more :)
[/SBLOCK]

G'night BS, hope you get it working soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads