Diplomatic Immunity OOC: The Third

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Woohoo--the first two parts of my algorithm give the correct results. Granted, the final part is the most complicated, but I always get hung up in the file reading usually, so I'll hopefully be set :)

Good to hear. :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Woohoo--the first two parts of my algorithm give the correct results. Granted, the final part is the most complicated, but I always get hung up in the file reading usually, so I'll hopefully be set :)
That's good news :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Oh, FYI, I didn't have my FtF session last night. 1 person showed up (1 was sick, 1 was out of town (warned me a month in advance, so no biggie), 2 ended up with other things to do once I said likely board gaming when missing 2 (last time I was missing 2, it crippled the story :(), and one didn't let me know he wasn't coming after I left a message. The last one was the one guy I was unsure of, but we straightened a few things out with his character (I had to make it origionaly, since he was busy the first few sessions).

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Oh, FYI, I didn't have my FtF session last night. 1 person showed up (1 was sick, 1 was out of town (warned me a month in advance, so no biggie), 2 ended up with other things to do once I said likely board gaming when missing 2 (last time I was missing 2, it crippled the story :(), and one didn't let me know he wasn't coming after I left a message. The last one was the one guy I was unsure of, but we straightened a few things out with his character (I had to make it origionaly, since he was busy the first few sessions).
Yikes! I've never had that happen with my main FtF group, but it happened once when I was guest GMing, and it is definitely uncool when that happens. Of course, when it's my main group, even if we have a few last minute cancellations, I'll just start a new campaign completely on the fly with the people who did show up (or continue one if we have one), so there's often an option. We have like 20 campaigns running, including one where every character was a quasi-deity that had to stop in the midst of a fight between the Duelist, who had grown to Size Colossal, and an Ur-Tarrasque that the PCs freed because they thought the cultist was just a lunatic and did his ritual to humour him.

Bront

The man with the probe
We stoped doing that a while ago when the number of campaigns grew to be enourmous, so now we generaly just play every 2 weeks, assuming everyone's available. We had one session in October I think, missed the last 2 due to people missing though (It was a con 2 weeks ago that stole them all, so no harm there.)

I had hoped this campaign would have run it's corse by the end of the year, but it seems destined to not be. Someone else is due up next for GMing though, and that will help me out a bit.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
We stoped doing that a while ago when the number of campaigns grew to be enourmous, so now we generaly just play every 2 weeks, assuming everyone's available. We had one session in October I think, missed the last 2 due to people missing though (It was a con 2 weeks ago that stole them all, so no harm there.)

I had hoped this campaign would have run it's corse by the end of the year, but it seems destined to not be. Someone else is due up next for GMing though, and that will help me out a bit.
Well, we kept doing it because my players are always itching for new campaigns, and I'm the only one who ever GMs in my group except for very rare occasions that I can count on my fingers (without using binary).

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Well, we kept doing it because my players are always itching for new campaigns, and I'm the only one who ever GMs in my group except for very rare occasions that I can count on my fingers (without using binary).
Yeah, we have a more usuall GM, but he needs a break on occasion, and I stepped up this time.

No clue what we're up for next. I've heard anything from Darwin's World (cool post apoc setting), to Pendragon (old ed, pregens, realy didn't interest me too much, but we'll see), to others running a D&D game of some kind. I'd like to play in a FtF Eberron, particularly because it seems most of my online Eberron games seem slated to die (at least the one's I'm playing in) :(

BTW, given Vasha wants to share her spell, and therefore her love, with the world, how exactly would she go about introducing her spell into the general populace? I don't think she can scribe scrolls, so she'd probably have to teach someone and have them scribe a few?

unleashed

First Post
Bront said:

Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, Bront...my FtF group only plays once a month, and I think we've manage a whole 4 sessions for the year (assuming we manage to have one either this weekend or the next--which won't be the full group as someone was unavailable all month).

My current campaign has been running for a very long time, pretty close to the start of 3rd Edition I think (due to the very irregular schedule above), and doesn't look like ending anytime soon. They're all of 12th-level. :lol:

Bront

The man with the probe
Well, we used to meet every friday, which turned into every other, but I can't make that. For a while, I had 2 groups, one every other friday, one every other sunday.

I'd like to do a second every other sunday thing, but time and availability is always an issue.

Remove ads