• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Discussion of Scotley's upcoming 4e Swashbuckler Game

Vertexx69

First Post
Instead of reflavoring races to look human, can't we just do the "different races are from different countries" thing?

So far it looks like we have splashes for:
Human Fighter
Kalashtar Bard
Drow Ranger
Assassin
Human Paladin
?? Swordsage
Drow Rogue
Shardmind Wizard
Dwarven ?? (as there is no swashbukler class in 4ed yet, as far as I know.)

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Human Fighter

Working on my twin-weapon fighting (rapier & parrying dagger, I'm thinking) human fighter from (Franzia), Lucien Devereux, right now actually. Obviously he will need much, much, MUCH peer review once I've got the basics worked out, as 4E is completely new ground for me.

Shayuri

First Post
Heeee

I'm making a twin-weapon Rogue! A Thief, from Essentials.

It should be interesting to see how they play, with similar weapon choices, but very different abilities.

Hmm, perhaps they know each other, or are related somehow?

Scotley

Hero
All right then, sounds like alt-earth is the way to go. Welcome to Franzia. Or drop on over to the Holy Dwarven Empire, perhaps Espania which is a human dominated land with a very religious oriented government that favors Erathis and has large communities of Drow and Gnolls perhaps?. Visit the quaint Gnomish villages of the Confederated Cantons Suisse.

I think the Scandanavian Countries might do well as the origins of various humanoid races. Perhaps we can give the Elves Ireland? Just a thought.

I would like to see some countries dominated by one race and others host a mix of races.

Scotley

Hero
If you send me your e-mail per PM, I will just attach it as a pdf.

The Drow question is already answered. They got errated to the Hot Forgotten Kingdoms version (can choose cha or wis +2, gain only one racial power).

Maybe r1g character and mine could now each other?
Could this worlds 'spain' perhaps be the drow nation?

Cool you've got mail...

Scotley

Hero
Instead of reflavoring races to look human, can't we just do the "different races are from different countries" thing?

So far it looks like we have splashes for:
Human Fighter
Kalashtar Bard
Drow Ranger
Assassin
Human Paladin
?? Swordsage
Drow Rogue
Shardmind Wizard
Dwarven ?? (as there is no swashbukler class in 4ed yet, as far as I know.)

Looks like we are rapidly going from three musketeers to the dirty dozen. Gonna be a fun group!

Remove ads