DND 3.5 "Pain Pride and Prejudice" [Interest/Recruiting]

Theroc

First Post
Well, uh... I'd like to change my range increment clause, but aside from that...

Scartail wants to make sure the boy and girl are innocent before he defends them. In other words, he wants to hear both sides of the story before making a decision. So yeah, he moves towards the creatures, attempting to get everyone to pause for discussion. He doesn't honestly anticipate it being successful, but he'd rather not defend the humans if they were in the wrong.

Can I change it to: (Don't throw my shortspear more than 40 feet)?

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
pneumatik, saw Torl's action, now that distance is relevant, do you want to rush at the boy and girl to intercept the wolf, because that is where he is obviously charging. As it is a move action to get to the boy and girl, you could hold your attack to hit him as he charges.
That's a good idea. Torl'll move 30 feet while drawing his falchion, then ready to attack the wolf if it gets w/in reach.

Shayuri

First Post
I apologize, but I'm going to have to withdraw...

For reasons both time-related as well as just a weird inability to find the 'right' character.

I hope you guys have fun though!

Jemal

Adventurer
Might I suggest switching to Cyclical initiative?
It means that instead of waiting till everybody has posted actions and then posting up a 'begining to end of round' summary, you post up to the end of the NPC's turn, and then the PC's post their actions, and when you update you update again to the end of the NPC's next turn.

This prevents the problem of people doing something that is then invalidated by actions taken by the NPCs which should have happened before they chose their action.
For example the imps and wolf went before me, meaning that they chose to attack the crowd and the wolf bit Michael before he tried to talk them into stopping (An action which once combat begins is rather pointless.)

Also, I don't think the wolf could have bitten Michael, as I didn't arrive within melee range of it's until after it's action.. unless his action was to move forward and ready a bite at me when I approached, which would subsequently change the wolf's initiative.
*EDIT: disregard this paragraph, I just reread the post and realized it was an imp charging past them that bit me.. just out of curiosity, did it provoke an AoO from Torl?*

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Oh, I also edited my character sheet for 2 reasons
A: Added that wand of CLW I'd been talking about (Hadn't thought there'd be combat so soon!)
B: I realized I miscalculated my AC, I had it as 22 w/shield b/c the previous version had a +1 shield, and this one just has a normal shield, so my AC should only be 21 w/shield (Still 19 without)

Tiali

First Post
Yes Torl will get an attack of opportunity on the imp that ran around him.

Cyclical initiatives, im not entirely sure what you mean by it? Im up for taking the advice if it makes things easier, but i can't quite understand what you are meaning by this.

(with the intimidate I was assuming you were demoralizing combatants for the -2 against you, so i went with it)

Jemal

Adventurer
Cyclical initiative means that instead of waiting till everybody has gone and then posting the round in a 'begining to end' fashion, you(the DM) post what the NPC's do on their initiative turn, and then PCs post their actions, and once everybody's posted, when you do your update you go from through all the PC's, then end with what the NPC's do again.

EX:
Initiatives:
BOB: 20
NPC: 19
Al: 16
Jane: 9

on the first round, Bob posts his action, you write an update including what bob did, and what the NPC's do. From then on, it's just cyclical.. the PC's post what they do, and you post your updates ending with what the NPC's do next.

It makes it so that the PC's aren't having to tailor their actions in a "If the NPC moves, I follow. If they attack, I attack back. If they stand still I step back and cast a spell, if they delay I delay, etc, etc" way.

Remove ads