DND 3.5 "Pain Pride and Prejudice" [Interest/Recruiting]

Theroc

First Post
Would posting out of Initiative order be a bad thing?

I'm trying to in general post about where I am in the Initiative order, so the RP can remain a bit more fluid. I already know what Scartail will do though.

First, yell for someone to get the soldiers... lol and secondly, charge one of the imps attacking the people and try to stab it down with his masterwork spear... lol

Anyways, I should wait to do a full post until Torl does, right?

Tiali

First Post
TheRoc, you can post anytime you want. Good thing about PBP, is when I summarize the round, I can take the posts (which are out of initiative) and put them in order. So post when you get a chance to be online, even if Torl doesnt have his up yet :p.

I may have left a few things unsaid in the post sorry. Distance wise, nobody moved more than 1 move action from the crowd. So everyone is in Seamus's aura. I will add the 2 damage that imp 4 would have taken when attacking Arthur.

Torl is the only one who provides an attack of opportunity on Imp2 or Imp1 (both if you have combat reflexes), imp 2 jumped off the wolf and ran between Torl's legs to get to Michael. imp 1 dismounted to attack.

The 'leaping' and 'jumping' to sting and bite is just how im describing their basic attacks (sorry that this is confusing) there is actually no grapple or AoO being provoked by just their basic bite or sting attacks. They begin and end the round on the ground, if they succeeded you got stung or bitten. (was just trying to put some flavor into the enemy.)

Sorry if combat is beginning a bit confusing, once we all get used to each other's writing styles it should even out a bit. Any other questions, please don't hesitate to pop em in here (thats what ooc thread is for). Ill also begin posting AoO's in the OOC at the bottom of my summary along with attacks and damage.

To move to the cyclical initiative as suggested by Jemal I will need Torl's action for the beginning of round 2, Then I will post the monsters attacks. Once the monster attacks are posted, I will need Torl to post again for his actions in round 3. (this wont effect anyone else's posting, but pneumatik will need to post twice. Once before monster attacks and once after.) I will begin the summary by detailing everyones actions for that round, then post the intent of the monsters for the next round. So that everyone will be able to make educated decisions in combat.

Thanks Jemal for the suggestion on summary posting.

Last edited:

Tiali

First Post
Change in previous OOC: Kept thinking about what you guys where saying, and realized where I was getting confused.

The Implike creatures did run past, however as they were first in the initiative for most people, noone had their weapons out as the imps passed. If anyone has Improved Unarmed Strike, you would have received a single AoO on the monster that passed you.

If im not mistaken, only Rungner has I.U.S. So Torl and Rungner: Just pop the attack and damage into a OOC box in your IC post. Please label it Round 1 AoO so I know to subtract it from the previous round. (Torl I'll also need you to specify which gets your AoO; Imp1 or Imp2)

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Actually, I hate to loose us an Attack, but having weapons drawn wouldn't matter by the rules. You cannot take AoO's when you're flatfooted, and you are considered flat-footed at the begining of combat until you're initiative has come up at least once. (IE until you've taken an action). SO, since the only one who beat them in initiative was Torl, he's the only one who should get an AoO on the first turn.

Theroc

First Post
Well, Scartail's ALWAYS got his claws and teeth. But as the monsters got to go first... I won't get an AoO.

Not quite sure what's going on with the initiative stuff... so I'm going to post after Torl and see what happens.

One question: I can combine my iterative weapon attacks with natural attacks, right? I.e. Stab+Bite? The bite would lose 5 accuracy, of course.

Tiali

First Post
Posted actions up to Monsters. You can post your actions at anytime now :p

Thanks Jemal for pointing that out. Which means Rungner will not get the AoO I have listed above.

On that note though, I have a question. Maybe it was a house rule that was in an early game for me and something I just adopted and forgot, but I was under the assumption that AoO could only be done with a attack form that you are proficient with. Which is why I said the thing I said about IUS. Is this assumption incorrect? (I dont have my PHB with me at the moment or I would look it up.)

EDIT: Never mind, found the answer on d20srd.org.

Theroc, combat order has been fixed :p you can post anytime now.

You can stab with your weapon then bite (for a -5 secondary attack). If you take multiattack feat, it becomes a -2.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Nope. It'd be stab + bite or stab + claw. If your BAB was +16/+11/+6/+1, though, it'd be stab + stab + stab + stab + bite or claw.

Theroc

First Post
Nope. It'd be stab + bite or stab + claw. If your BAB was +16/+11/+6/+1, though, it'd be stab + stab + stab + stab + bite or claw.

That's kinda weird. With two manufactured weapons, I could "Stab + Stab + Bite" but I can't "Stab + Claw + Bite"? What's the reason for the difference?

Edit:
Just noticed I made an error on my Spears damage. It should be +7 damage instead of +6. +4 str modifer X1.5=6, +1 (masterwork)=7.

Tiali, may I change that in the rogue gallery?

Last edited:

Remove ads