Doctor Who and the Waters of Mars

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Anyone see the End of Time preview on Children in Need last night? About 3 minutes of the episode (I think it may have been the beginning - if not, it was clearly near the beginning).

The Doctor turns up on the Ood homeworld (the snowy planet), meets Oood Sigma, cracks some jokes, notices that the Ood civilization has progressed far too much in just 100 years, mentions that he spent some time travelling, including getting married, to put the meeting off since he knows what it's about, and then joins in a psychic circle thing and sees the Master and says "that man is dead!"

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
I thought it was good, but would have had a stronger ending if they had finished about 5 mins before the actual ending. I don't want to introduce any spoilers, but to my mind it would have been more powerful (and would have left less inexplicable quandaries) if they had
left it with the Doctor walking off
Agreed. I can't see how what happened in the last five minutes could have been considered inspirational.

evildmguy

Explorer
On Mouseferatu's LJ, they say there is a name that explains why Queen Elizabeth was mad at the Doctor.

Sadly, I didn't catch it. Can anyone clue me into what's going on?

Thanks!

edg

On Mouseferatu's LJ, they say there is a name that explains why Queen Elizabeth was mad at the Doctor.

Thanks!

edg
I liked the show. It is a little unfortunate, though, that the Doctor, just as he realizes the power he has sees that it does no good. It would be nice to see him in this state of "arrogance" for a longer time.

It wasn't in Waters of Mars. It was in the three minutes of footage from End of Time that they showed a few days later.

[sblock]The Doctor says something to the effect of "Good Queen Bess. Her nickname's no longer--ahem, well anyway."

"Queen Bess" is Queen Elizabeth. And one of the names by which she was known was "The Virgin Queen."

I think you can figure the rest out. ;)[/sblock]

Mark Hope

Adventurer
I liked the show. It is a little unfortunate, though, that the Doctor, just as he realizes the power he has sees that it does no good. It would be nice to see him in this state of "arrogance" for a longer time.

Agreed. This was my only real gripe with the show. He was all "oops, what have I done?" a bit too quickly. I'd have liked him to be a bit more "kneel before Zod!" for longer. Oh well. Something has clearly gone wrong if we are hearing the Cloister Bell. Roll on Xmas day...

evildmguy

Explorer
It wasn't in Waters of Mars. It was in the three minutes of footage from End of Time that they showed a few days later.

[sblock]The Doctor says something to the effect of "Good Queen Bess. Her nickname's no longer--ahem, well anyway."

"Queen Bess" is Queen Elizabeth. And one of the names by which she was known was "The Virgin Queen."

I think you can figure the rest out. ;)[/sblock]

Aha! I haven't seen that preview, which was my confusion. I am glad I didn't miss anything.

Thanks!

edg

Remove ads