Dragon 353 came early!

KL

First Post
James Jacobs said:
On incubi: If you want a male seducer demon, you need look no further than a succubus in male form. D&D thus had no need for a male seducer demon, but it did have need for an incubus, a demon that embodies the stereotypical aggressive lustful male. Same sin, different approach.

That is like saying D&D has no need for more dragons and new monsters.

Pants

First Post
KL said:
That is like saying D&D has no need for more dragons and new monsters.
Not really.
At least most new monsters have different abilities and flavor. A male seducer demon would likely just be succubus with a gender change, thus no need for an actual writeup.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Pants,

That's also a good point. And while I'm not against Dragon's version, hey there's always Book of Fiends if you want Inccubi.

Pants

First Post
Nightfall said:
Pants,

That's also a good point. And while I'm not against Dragon's version, hey there's always Book of Fiends if you want Inccubi.
Yeah, the BoF Incubus is not bad. I think I like the Dragon writeup better, if only because of its changed focus.... and the better art. :D

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Kobold Avenger said:
Back in 2e I always wanted a Cambion or Alu-Fiend as a PC, yes technically they're specialized Half-Fiends and therefore more likely to be PCs.

yeah, those really are the best fiends for playing as PCs. remembering back a bit, i think that implication was there in planescape...?

BOZ said:
yeah, those really are the best fiends for playing as PCs. remembering back a bit, i think that implication was there in planescape...?
That's the impression I got with their PSMCI entries.

And with that impression, it sort of surprised me with Planescape: Torment that Fall-From-Grace was a succubus, rather than an Alu-Fiend.

Zarnam

First Post
I have a question about the modron article - from what I've read, the most powerful modron revised so far is a decaton (not counting the tertian in Dungeon) - what CR does it have ??

Zarnam said:
I have a question about the modron article - from what I've read, the most powerful modron revised so far is a decaton (not counting the tertian in Dungeon) - what CR does it have ??
A) It just shipped a day or two ago to subscribers, and it usually takes a bit before it arrives (mine takes a week at the earliest), so I'm not sure anyone outside of Paizo has it yet. Though I am certainly eager to hear when it arrives.

B) Don't assume decatons are covered. There is a pretty big conceptual split between the base modrons and the hierarchs and I wouldn't assume the article covers all the base modrons and 1 hierarch. Seems a little odd to me. Ya never know, those pesky "rogue" modrons might be different enough to be the 6th one written up. I don't know until I see it, of course. I'm just thinking out loud here and don't want anyone disappointed if they expect to see a rank that isn't there.

Remove ads