• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon 353 came early!

KL

First Post
James Jacobs said:
On incubi: If you want a male seducer demon, you need look no further than a succubus in male form. D&D thus had no need for a male seducer demon, but it did have need for an incubus, a demon that embodies the stereotypical aggressive lustful male. Same sin, different approach.

That is like saying D&D has no need for more dragons and new monsters.

Pants

First Post
KL said:
That is like saying D&D has no need for more dragons and new monsters.
Not really.
At least most new monsters have different abilities and flavor. A male seducer demon would likely just be succubus with a gender change, thus no need for an actual writeup.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Pants,

That's also a good point. And while I'm not against Dragon's version, hey there's always Book of Fiends if you want Inccubi.

Pants

First Post
Nightfall said:
Pants,

That's also a good point. And while I'm not against Dragon's version, hey there's always Book of Fiends if you want Inccubi.
Yeah, the BoF Incubus is not bad. I think I like the Dragon writeup better, if only because of its changed focus.... and the better art. :D

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Kobold Avenger said:
Back in 2e I always wanted a Cambion or Alu-Fiend as a PC, yes technically they're specialized Half-Fiends and therefore more likely to be PCs.

yeah, those really are the best fiends for playing as PCs. remembering back a bit, i think that implication was there in planescape...?

BOZ said:
yeah, those really are the best fiends for playing as PCs. remembering back a bit, i think that implication was there in planescape...?
That's the impression I got with their PSMCI entries.

And with that impression, it sort of surprised me with Planescape: Torment that Fall-From-Grace was a succubus, rather than an Alu-Fiend.

Zarnam

First Post
I have a question about the modron article - from what I've read, the most powerful modron revised so far is a decaton (not counting the tertian in Dungeon) - what CR does it have ??

Zarnam said:
I have a question about the modron article - from what I've read, the most powerful modron revised so far is a decaton (not counting the tertian in Dungeon) - what CR does it have ??
A) It just shipped a day or two ago to subscribers, and it usually takes a bit before it arrives (mine takes a week at the earliest), so I'm not sure anyone outside of Paizo has it yet. Though I am certainly eager to hear when it arrives.

B) Don't assume decatons are covered. There is a pretty big conceptual split between the base modrons and the hierarchs and I wouldn't assume the article covers all the base modrons and 1 hierarch. Seems a little odd to me. Ya never know, those pesky "rogue" modrons might be different enough to be the 6th one written up. I don't know until I see it, of course. I'm just thinking out loud here and don't want anyone disappointed if they expect to see a rank that isn't there.

Remove ads