• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon 353 came early!

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Razz said:
So, James, any news you can give us on when we can see the other half of the modrons? Sometime soon, I hope. :D

You'll have to talk to Erik Mona and the Dragon editors for More Modrons, I'm afraid. The best I can probably do in Dungeon is one or two here and there, and they'll need to be justified by adventures. Which is to say, don't expect many more modrons in Dungeon for a while.

But let me say... the art for the modron article in Dragon is, in my opinion, the best modron art ever.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Shemeska said:
Whoever posts the table of contents of this issue first, I'll buy a drink for at GenCon this year.

DEMONOMICON OF IGGWILV: Malcanthet. The Queen of Succubi is detailed, including information on the incubi, her thralls, and so forth.

MULTIPLE DEMENTIA: Thirty demiplanes, some of which are given full treatment (the Demiplane of Imprisonment, the Black Abyss, and Moil) and others simply mentioned in brief.

ARCHOMENTALS: The Princes of Elemental Good are given full statistics and background.

ECOLOGY OF THE KEEPERS: Just in case you'd forgotten about those mysterious pale individuals in black with the goggles from Fiend Folio.

Also, Savage Tidings covers the Sea Wyvern and making modifications to it; Volo's Guide details four outsiders of the Realms (the harmonious choir of the words, the sliver, death devil (jerul), and umbral gloom); Dragonmarks outlines four manifest zones in Khorvaire; Sage Advice is loaded with planar questions; and Class Acts includes variant class features for spellthieves, a guide to the fighter, spells which can't be affected by spell resistance, and a bunch of replacement abilities for clerics in place of turn undead.

Cheers,
Cam

Shemeska

Adventurer
Cam Banks said:
DEMONOMICON OF IGGWILV: Malcanthet. The Queen of Succubi is detailed, including information on the incubi, her thralls, and so forth.

MULTIPLE DEMENTIA: Thirty demiplanes, some of which are given full treatment (the Demiplane of Imprisonment, the Black Abyss, and Moil) and others simply mentioned in brief.

ARCHOMENTALS: The Princes of Elemental Good are given full statistics and background.

ECOLOGY OF THE KEEPERS: Just in case you'd forgotten about those mysterious pale individuals in black with the goggles from Fiend Folio.

Also, Savage Tidings covers the Sea Wyvern and making modifications to it; Volo's Guide details four outsiders of the Realms (the harmonious choir of the words, the sliver, death devil (jerul), and umbral gloom); Dragonmarks outlines four manifest zones in Khorvaire; Sage Advice is loaded with planar questions; and Class Acts includes variant class features for spellthieves, a guide to the fighter, spells which can't be affected by spell resistance, and a bunch of replacement abilities for clerics in place of turn undead.

Cheers,
Cam

Well Cam, that settles it then, I'll be getting you a drink this year at GenCon.
shemmysmile.gif

I'm looking forward to see how the (good) Archomentals turned out, and what references and such James worked into the Malcanthet article. And sweet, they used all three of the demiplanes I wrote up. Awesome. I didn't even know they were going to be in this issue.

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
does the Malchanthet article mention her rivals, Shami-Amourae and Lynkhab? :)

how about those who she's had conflicts with, like Baphomet, Yeenoghu, and Graz'zt? :)

any other demon lords mentioned in that article?

Cam Banks

Adventurer
BOZ said:
does the Malchanthet article mention her rivals, Shami-Amourae and Lynkhab? :)

Yes, and the third one, Xinivrae.

how about those who she's had conflicts with, like Baphomet, Yeenoghu, and Graz'zt? :)

Grazzt mostly, yes.

any other demon lords mentioned in that article?

Demogorgon is prominent since it's clear that Malcanthet and Demogorgon are major players in the Savage Tide adventure path.

Cheers,
Cam

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Shemeska said:
Well Cam, that settles it then, I'll be getting you a drink this year at GenCon.
shemmysmile.gif

You can probably find me over at the Margaret Weis Productions booth. :)

I'm looking forward to see how the (good) Archomentals turned out, and what references and such James worked into the Malcanthet article. And sweet, they used all three of the demiplanes I wrote up. Awesome. I didn't even know they were going to be in this issue.

I liked the article a lot. I didn't even mind too much that the "Lost Citadel of Magic" demiplane was included in the list, although it's kind of 2nd edition. ;)

Cheers,
Cam

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Boz,

It's a full time job to be sure. I mean it's not easy being the top gal for an entire "race" of demons. Some gal at the bottom always wants in.

Xyanthon

First Post
Paizo, thank you for making my year! Modrons!!!!!! I will need to extend my subscriptions out a couple of years. You guys have been absolutely amazing for the past two years or so.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Shemeska said:
And Alzrius, if you post your review first before anything else, which you usually do, I'll buy you a $5 soda from the mini bar this year ;)

Damn! This is what I get for working on the weekends! :mad:

Looks like it's just tap water for me again this year. :p

Last edited:

Remove ads