• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drowquest [4e] OOC:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Welcome to 2nd level !

Please readjust your numbers (attacks, skills, defenses and hit points) in the Rogues gallery thread.
Can everyone be done by next Tuesday?

CaBaNa you should post your own version of Djaar so that you can edit it in the future. After His upcoming conversation (and/or) a long rest, he will be functioning as a Full Wild Sorcerer with the multi-class (Rogue) feat.

In the meantime what is everyone taking for your feats and utility powers?

(further OOC: leveling will be done when appropriate to the story, at a minimum, leveling as if you were earning double xp from all fights and skill challenges.
I think you will be equal to full drow warriors at about 8th level, until then most drow you meet will still consider you inferior or juveniles (unless well bluffed)

Last edited:

Phaezen

First Post
I will run Drisdhaun through the character builder this evening after work. Not 100% sure as to which power and feat I will take.

Phaezen

renau1g

First Post
Welcome to 2nd level !

Please readjust your numbers (attacks, skills, defenses and hit points) in the Rogues gallery thread.
Can everyone be done by next Tuesday?

CaBaNa you should post your own version of Djaar so that you can edit it in the future. After His upcoming conversation (and/or) a long rest, he will be functioning as a Full Wild Sorcerer with the multi-class (Rogue) feat.

In the meantime what is everyone taking for your feats and utility powers?

(further OOC: leveling will be done when appropriate to the story, at a minimum, leveling as if you were earning double xp from all fights and skill challenges.
I think you will be equal to full drow warriors at about 8th level, until then most drow you meet will still consider you inferior or juveniles (unless well bluffed)

Are you allowing Arcane Power options? There's some neat-o stuff in there on illusionist focused wizards that I'd like to try.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Are you allowing Arcane Power options? There's some neat-o stuff in there on illusionist focused wizards that I'd like to try.

I don't own the book, but I was looking over it yesterday. What are you interested in? I am against the illusionist build advantage. As I understand it, you would get a second attack with IA on a miss. It seems strong enough without this.

Familiars seem too complicated to run with out the rules on hand, not that Nashquari seems like the type to want one.

I am open to other stuff, esp. those class acts article powers. What looked good?

renau1g

First Post
I don't own the book, but I was looking over it yesterday. What are you interested in? I am against the illusionist build advantage. As I understand it, you would get a second attack with IA on a miss. It seems strong enough without this.

Familiars seem too complicated to run with out the rules on hand, not that Nashquari seems like the type to want one.

I am open to other stuff, esp. those class acts article powers. What looked good?

I really didn't look at the illusionist build, per se, because I've already created my wizard and am happy with the staff-wielder. I don't like the extra complications of a familiar, nor the risks associated with one (my PC anyways)

I was thinking of re-training my encounter power from burning hands to grasping shadows. If I level up again, I'll look to re-train the daily power to possibly Phantom Chasm.

As for Utility powers, I'm liking the Phantasmal Terrain from AP or Expeditious Retreat.

Feat - I like Destructive Wizardry from AP (+2 to damage if hit 2 or more creatures), Phantom Echoes (when you use arcane illusion power and hit a target, gain CA against them until EONT, if it's a save ends power, gain CA until target saves). There's also Implement Expertise from PHB2 as well, gain a +1 to hit with Implement/tier. With how Nashquiri's rolls have been that +1 might come in handy. :(

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Grasping shadows and phantom terrain are fine. Echoes looks better than destructive wizardry.
Can you double check the powers haven't changed from the class acts article?

I give Expertise automatically at level 5 in my home game. I would be willing to do the same here.

Remove ads