Drowquest [4e] Raiding the Road (Hiatus)

nerdytenor

First Post
Raelyn begins drilling his 'bodyguard', having him perform basic thrusts, parries, and sweeps. Each time the goblin makes a mistake, Raelyn slaps his back with the side of his blade.

"Again!"

The drilling quickly loses its appeal to Raelyn, and he sits down to play the flute as his goblin charge continues to practice his maneuvers, pausing his playing only to bark out the occasional correction.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Near midnight, with Javliex not returned, you gather the goblins and head out to the campground.
The goblins are more nervous than excited this time around.

You can see the fire from a ways off, and the horde stops about 150’ away to the east of the campground. The moon and stars are bright tonight, most of the raid will be in dim light, but here under the trees its dark enough for safety.

Javliex slips out of the darkness, and relates his previous experience (see previous Sblock)
“There are now 2 of those bird-headed humanoids acting as guards, on the road. The humans are sleeping around the fire.

The one giving orders earlier is in the house wagon near the fire, probably asleep. The back of the box wagon folds down to make a ramp, but I could not tell what was in it. “

OOC: If you want me to expand the map to show more in the direction you decide to approach from let me know.

Attachments

• dq3.JPG
    dq3.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Now stick, whispered the newly sorcerous drow, Remember what I taught you, if I fall in battle, what are the things you do? Come out of hiding, compress the wound if it's a stab, wash it if there was fire or melty things. Good boy Stick, now stay hidden and stay safe. Javilex, Vorgrym, what formation do we take?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Javliex shrugs. "You tell me who to hit and I'll do it... but I'm no tactician. If Vorgrym has an opinion, I'll go along with that."

EvolutionKB

First Post
"I think if we can focus fire on the sentries first, hopefully we can take them out without making too much noise. We then move into the camp. Perhaps those with ranged capabilities stay in the trees, using them as cover to conceal your movements."

renau1g

First Post
"Yes, cover is the preferred place for me to blast their minds from. Your plan is sound." Nashquiri replies, agreeing with the course of aciton

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Cloudkill sidles up to you.
"So Chiefs what do you want the boys to do? They gonna all pile on the closest guard? maybe sneak up on one while you hit the other? is there a signal?" My curses and stuff have about 50' of range, and Im good at using cover, like you said."

renau1g

First Post
"Perhaps we use them to distract and confuse from teh south, while we attack from the north once the guards attentions are turned to them?" Nashquiri signs to the others.

Phaezen

First Post
[sblock=Djaar's Room]
Drisdhaun nods at Djaar "Of course I am not planning to go back in servitude to anyone. But, going back with thoughts of domination is suicidal at best. The first thing would be to scout the city, note the changes and look for opportunities in the chaos of the change that we can wield to subtly gain influence without putting ourselves too much in the open as targets which could unite warring factions against us. And if we need to orchastrate those situations, then so much the better."

"But first, we can play here on the surface, manipulate afairs around us to grow some power, and an army, so that we do have some muscle behind us when we return home."[/sblock]

Drisdhaun will agree with Nashquiri on tactacts, using a massed goblin assault from the south with the Drow and a few handpicked goblins using the confusion to launch a stealthy attack from the north.

nerdytenor

First Post
While the others plan tactics, Raelyn nods along, trying to appears as if he is participating even though he has little useful to add. He quickly becomes bored and sits down to piece together a new melody on his flute.

OOC: Still at my family reunion, sorry for the lame posts. Be back in action Wednesday or thereabouts

Remove ads