• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drowquest [4e] Raiding the Road (Hiatus)

EvolutionKB

First Post
"Sounds like it could be a trap...but we will trap the trappers..." Vorgyrm examines his blade in the firelight. He didn't need it, but the goblin did.

[sblock=Planning]Perhaps if we used our darkness to cloak their fire we get CA on all of them.[/sblock]

Phaezen

First Post
Drisdhaun looks at Javilex "Have a look at those wagons as better trophies for a raid, especialy at the strength of thier guards"

Turning to the rest of the tribe he starts calling out commands for the goblins to prepare for another raid.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"Have a look at those wagons as better trophies for a raid, especialy at the strength of thier guards"
Javilex nods and shrugs, then whistles for Saereth to follow him. He goes out of the caves to go scout out the new wagons that have arrived. (Stealth check)

CaBaNa

First Post
Stick wanders behind Djaar, constantly watching, listening, learning. At least this mess isn't a full wagon... Pacing the length of his small group Djaar pats each on the head. Follow. Turning to walk Djaar see's at least two goblins have already lost focus, and has to repeat himself. Come with me, my little monsters.
With the whole group with him now, he leads down into the complex to organize the boards/wheels/kindling.

Reader! Calls Djaar as soon as the old goblin comes into view. Other than the wagon, you have done an excellent job. The chickens are all counted, and the inventory is neatly stacked.
Djaar smiles, something that has happened more in the last 48 hours than in the whole of the rest of his life.
Do you have a tribe count yet Reader? I'd like to know how many I'm feeding tonight. Djaar takes a quick look around at that. This place is, it's, CLEAN. I must visit my class soon. They are to be rewarded.

After Reader is finished giving his report, Djaar inquires How does the tunnel come along? Have you been making sure to keep the shifts shorter and increase breaks. Fresh muscle digs deeper faster. Djaar pats the old goblin on his back, Reader nervously accepts the praise.
I'm off to the Barracks.

Walking in, the place looks much better than last he saw it. However the goblins still haven't picked up on the bathroom idea.
Hear Me! Chief Djaar! Expelling you waste along a wall is Unacceptable! Where is my class!? Nervous goblin children hide for a moment. Front and center! The children are pushed forward by parents and other family. Coming to rest in front of Djaar they look terrified.
Now, you little monsters have done a great job of cleaning. goblin shoulders relax a bit. We will learn hand to hand combat today, I'll teach you the basics, when you get older Chief Vorgrym will teach you. Djaar pairs the children up, trying to match their skill levels.
While the children have their fun, Djaar watches carefully, occasionally changing who is matched with whom. Once he has identified the strongest and sturdiest, Djaar takes that goblin child to the side.

What is your name? Djaar barely notices a reply before launching into his next sentence. I want you to speak with Chief Vorgrym today. Tell him Chief Djaar says you have talent, and that you are to attend his class. Djaar thinks about this for a moment, knowing how this child may just be killed outright by Vorgrym. Djaar decides it will improve the little green fighter, or kill him then. Now you are excused from cleaning to go find Chief Vorgrym and tell him.

The rest of you students have not excelled past the class at anything. To earn your praise, clean this wall again tonight. This is not the waste wall, we are making a room for that.

Djaar leaves the class and sets off after Cloudkill, searching hi and low. CLOUDKILL! We have a raid soon, where should he be... Djaar wanders into the throne room, just in time to see a very guilty looking Cloudkill hopping off the thone. Ha, I suppose you are our second in command... If you want to sit on the throne I won't bother you about it, however the others are more strict... That's not why I have come, Djaar takes a glance at the tunnel. I have forgotten what that tunnel is for, remind me. Second, There must be someplace where the tribe can go to expel waste, Along the far wall is not acceptable. The whole place smells because of that, and I won't have it.

Djaar barely notices a small tug at his pant leg, he stoops down to one knee, and listens to Stick for a moment. That is why I picked you Stick! Cloudkill, assign someone the task of taking those boards and wheels we brought in, and making some more wheel barrows for the workers. I'm sure they'll appreciate the new equipment. Meet with Reader lately and let me know what inventory is needed by the tunnel workers, and everyone else for that matter. Come get me when you are ready, or the raiding party is about to leave, I'll be in my room.

Djaar and Stick go back to his room via the dragons trap door. Djaar takes some time before tonight's battle for meditation and also to consider what the next move should be.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Javlix: [sblock] The wagons are indeed “full boxes” two of them are like little human houses on wheels, with shuttered widows, and steps leading to the doors on the back of each one. The last wagon is solid, with no apparent doors or windows. The square top of the wagon is about 7’ above the floor.

There are three humans and three humanoids that were large floppy hats, and high necked cloaks. Your almost sure they aren’t human. One of the people in big floppy hats points and gives orders to set up the camp. Later they are setting up a camp and fire, when one of the house-wagons door opens and out comes a creature with a black head and what appears to be a beak? Your not sure what it is (ooc: nature 11) but it isn’t human.

It looks in your direction, suspiciously. It doesn’t focus directly on you, but you ease further back into the cover and then put some more distance between you and them.

So 3 humans, and what could be 4 of the beaked humanoids.

OOC: Do you head back to report, stay at a safe distance and wait for the others or try and go closer for better information?
Stealth 8+5=12, perception 7+6=13

[/sblock]

Vorgrym a young goblin comes scampering up to you – “Um Chief Vorgrym? I’m Eswack and Mr. Djaar told me I should come join your training class, does that mean I haffta go on the raid tonight?”
The goblins continue to prepare under your and Drisdhaun's directions. Whether out of fear or eagerness they seem to be making even more mistakes. One goblin even manages to wound himself, and will either need recovery time or healing. Cloudkill is off on Djaar's errands, and not part of the training.

Djaar: Reader finds you later to give you the full count “erm.. we have 16 warriors, 14 moms, kids and ancients, and 6 ‘lair guards’ old goblins that think they can still fight, but traditionally never leave the lair. Plus six drow, a giant spider, and a horse.
Cloudkill says to tell you that the new tunnel was either for prisoners or for loot, whichever we had more of. We have a big door that locks, its just not attached yet.”

Attachments

• Caravan DQ2.JPG
    Caravan DQ2.JPG
    6.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vorgyrm looks down at the creature. "Djarr sent you? Hmm you must have shown promise that I didn't see. You come with us. But not to fight, you can only watch." Djarr thinks he is strong enough, but lets see if he is prepared mentally.

Phaezen

First Post
Drisdhaun spends most of the time trainig the goblins to fight more effectively as a unit, unafraid to berte them for the smallest mistake.

he will also spend some time speaking to his companions, serperately, asking them what they think about moving on the other humanoid tribes in the area and forcing them under the groups leadership. He also reminds them that the ultimate goal is to return home and find out what happened.

[sblock=ooc]I seem to be picking up some flu and am not too sure how much I will be able to post this week[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Nashquiri will spend time with the literate goblin and try and push the tiny creature to read words of magic.

[sblock=OOC]
Nashquiri will take on the goblin who is literate as an unlikely apprentice.
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Djaar watches Nashquiri lead Reader away, the old goblin probably terrified. Stick, you see that Drow? Never, Ever, be alone with him. You stay by me. I don't trust the caster.

Looking over the report, Djaar begins formulating a plan. Until Drisdhaun asks to speak with him. Djaar leads Drisdhaun to his room, Stick in tow.

[sblock=Djaar's Room]

Hmmm... So you are asking me to consider moving on other lesser races, is that correct Drisdhaun? Seeing a slight nod, Djaar continues, It's a great idea Djaar thinks about it for a second, The tribe needs to grow, that is certain. I doubt we we could force the prisoners from caravans to serve us as easily. Humans are better for slave trade. We should do some recon work to identify the best target, I volunteer Javilex as per usual. We should also move quickly, taking one group then the other shortly after. Hobs, and Orcs, what an army we could make. I suppose I could accompany Javilex on the Recon, just in case. Djaar paces the room, watching as Stick takes everything in. *Good boy that Stick* Thinks Djaar, *always watching, silently, I bet even Drisdhaun has forgotten he is in the room with us.*

Suddenly Djaar turns, I won't be going back to whence we came, unless it is to overtake the city. Here we are Leaders, there we are nothing. Chief Drisdhaun, why settle for the petty life we had, when we could be kings? Djaar waits for Drisdhaun to respond, scrutinizing his face and body for any gesture that might indicate what the other Drow was thinking.

While waiting for Drisdhaun to reply, Stick tugs on Djaars pant-leg. Bending down Djaar scoops the little goblin up in as loving a gesture a Drow is capable of. The Goblin whispers in Djaars ear, and then, being set down, moves back to his spot in the corner.

We need to call a meeting on this later, Stick has reminded me that Javilex is not currently with us, and on that note I believe we should go find him.

[/sblock]

Remove ads