• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drowquest [4e] Raiding the Road (Hiatus)

Phaezen

Adventurer
Drisdhaun spends the following day in contemplation, waiting for the raid. He smiles to himself, imagining wetting his blade in the belly of one of the weak surface dwelling elves, or even an eladrin.

[sblock=ooc]
Drisdhaun will accept a gobling bodyguard
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Nashquiri will spend the day imagining the effects his terror powers will have on the weak-willed surface dwellers.

[sblock=OOC]
The wizard will also take a bodyguard
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Djaar notes how disadvantaged his patrol happens to be above ground, and sets about to sway the schedule toward evening runs. When the sun has started it's decent, and on into the night, caravans would be easier targets.

[sblock=OOC]Banditry starts late afternoon, going on into the evening. With evening, a short break for training and classes. Early night, a raid on any caravan caught camping. As Dawn approaches hunting, followed by rest.

All in favor?

Opposed?
[/sblock]

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Raiding with the Dragons Knives

(although if you want to call them something else, they will just get used to it.)

The next day passes with more training and lair clean up. The goblins are starting to obey Voragrym more quickly, if not more competently.
Raeyln the goblins don’t seem to value your praise, perhaps a little too much sarcasm? They are providing great fodder for comic tales, it is really amazing how many different directions they go someone shouts “Left!”

Djaar you manage to pick out Stick, a weaker goblin child who’s mind seems to work just a little faster than everyone else, he is even brighter than some drow you know.

Late that afternoon you take a dozen goblins, along with 3 guards, including the champion who guards Drisdhaun. OOC: did Raeyln take a guard?

You get the goblins in position, and set up an ambush. There are a few poor travelers who just aren’t worth the effort, but as dusk approaches the all the goblin scouts come racing back “Chickens! A whole wagon full of chickens”

The Goblins can barely contain themselves, and rush down on the wagon. With your help the victory is easy, although the driver is killed in the scuffle. Taking stock before heading back to the lair, you have 12 chickens, a horse, a scattering of cheap coins, and a wagon. The wagon could be a problem...
“Feast! Feast! Feast!” Chant the goblins

OOC: Training and raiding rolls: [sblock]
Vorgrym - Attack roll=9, & Intimidate=21
Drisdhaun – diplomacy=11, basic attack roll=25
Raelyn - Bluff =12*, History=21
Djaar: Insight =22, Healing=14* (improve sanitation, diet)
Javlix – Perception=12
Nashquiri – Basic attack=14 - the insects in your staff are always spiders. (see RG)
* Bonus for RP/circumstance
[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
In his short life in the caverns below the sunlit world, Vorgrym had never seen a chicken. The goblins though, seemed genuinely excited about them though. Their excitement turned turned to horror as the warrior beat the goblin that killed the single human driving the wagon. "No feast tonight. We'll use them to lure larger predators to feast upon."

CaBaNa

First Post
Djaar takes stick from the rest of the goblin hoard. Throwing out most of his things, and finding new clothes from the days raiding for him.
Follow me always. Stay hidden in combat. And if I fall, do all within your power to raise me. For I am your key to a better life.

Djaar doesn't wait for Stick to respond, as the goblin child is intelligent enough to understand "follow me". Walking toward his room he continues to explain.
I'll be educating you, and you will sleep in my quarters, or where I meditate. To get you a bit bigger, you'll be required to eat more, however so that it doesn't become fat, we will be training together.
Djaar prattles on until they get outside, and he suddenly stops.
What is the wagon still doing here? Why hasn't this been converted to traps, defenses, and firewood yet?

Djaar snaps off a few short directions, telling the goblins to disassemble, NOT destroy the wagon.

Reaching down, Djaar pats Stick on the head, This is just the start you know...

*EDIT*
Djaar catches the last of the brutal end that Vorgrym had dealt, outwardly he makes no sign of disapproval. When Vorgrym caught his eye though, Djaar began signing, "Don't teach them that a prisoners life is THAT valuable. These are less intelligent than Javilex pet. Expect them to fail, be surprised if they don't. Each goblin is a resource, waste resources and you will waste."
Let that be a lesson to the rest of you, take prisoners alive, they are worth more that way... Resources are to be treasured.

Last edited:

Phaezen

Adventurer
Drisdhaun sneers as he looks at the "spoils" of the raid, hardly worth the effort.

Clearing his throat he directs the goblin scouts tback to thier lookout positions and organises others to get rid of the evidance of the raid, under the supervision of Djaar. "We need to find better targets than this. Now that we are the masters of this tribe you are bound to a higher destiny than petty raids." Taking the tribes champion aside he enquires about other goblin and humanoid tribes in the area.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Hauling the the wagon back to the lair, is a hard messy job. The goblins are sullen about not being able to eat the chickens, and mutter among themselves. A couple of them take great pleasure in taking apart the wagon, but despite Djaar's cautions it is 4 wheels, a couple of long boards and kindling when they are done.

When asked about other tribes the champion replies "Um well there are some hobgoblins south of here, but I don't know" once back at the lair, goes and talks to a few other goblins. "The Hobs call themselves the Widowmakers, and there is a tribe of orcs recently come down from the mountains to the west. In the city of Istivan, its said that there is shadowy work for all sorts. That road leads to the city, but there are a lot of humans between here and there."

The scouts come rushing back after about an hour.
"Three full box wagons just pulled up to the campsite, they only have about 6 guys with them."

nerdytenor

First Post
Raelyn turns to his goblin guard with a wide, slightly maniacal smile at the news.

"Do you hear that? Do you hear that, my odoriferous, incomprehensibly incompetent goblin?" Raelyn delivers his insult as if it were praise, confident in the fact that his goblin charge will not be able to understand most words longer than two syllables. Though mocking the goblin, Raelyn's excitement is all too real.

"We shall have battle tonight and stories to tell!" He takes out his flute and begins to play an impossibly fast tune, so fast that he can't quite hit all the notes. He maintains his chosen tempo nonetheless.

Last edited:

Remove ads