Drowquest [4e] Raiding the Road (Hiatus)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The goblin horde mills about distractedly waiting for a verbal order, or designated commander.
Most look at Vorgrym and Drisdhaun.
Shortly you will be sliding off into the darkness to take up your positions.

OOC: Everyone but Drisdhaun can get within 6 squares of a target with passive stealth. Drisdhaun will start at 10sq. remember the surprise round allows only a single standard action.
The banked fire creates bright light within 2sq. I'll redraw the map focusing on the NE corner.
Go ahead and post starting coordinates, unless you are accompanying the goblin horde.

Attachments

• dq5.JPG
    dq5.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Nashquiri grips his staff tightly, ready for the upcoming battle, eyes gleaming in anticipation.

[sblock=OOC]
Please start Nash in 20,115
[/sblock]

Phaezen

First Post
Drisdhaun suggests the following plan, the goblins are to approach from the south east, using the woods as cover. On a prearranged signal they are to attack sentry B2, first with a volley of javelins and then they are to charge. Consulting with Vorgrym, 4 goblins are to keep to the rear of the assault, peppering the defenders with javelins. They have instructions to attack the sleepers after the first guard is down, unless one of the drow gives other instructions during the melee.

The drow will make thier move after the initial flurry of javelins and charge. Cloudkill and other bodyguards will move with the drow. Nashqiri and Cloudkill should try and keep the sleepers down as long as possible with their area effect spells, supported by Raelyn. Vorgrym, Javilex, Djaar and Drisdhaun will charge the guard B1 and then move to mopup the sleepers.

He then looks around any queries and suggestions?

CaBaNa

First Post
We should cut the light from the fire as well. Nashquiri, do you know the practice exercise for snuffing flames? Djaar puzzle's it over, If not, I'm sure we'll find a way. Don't forget to take prisoners... Hearing a solid plan, Djaar takes Stick and silently moves to position the little goblin out of range of trouble, but still in view. Then he stalks silently towards his target, Settling into some foliage to await his cue.

[sblock=OOC]

140, 35 Stick

110, 20 Djaar
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Raelyn, eager to prove himself in battle once more, set up next to Nashquiri, sword drawn and shield at the ready (OOC: Start one square west of Nash).

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
On hearing the plan, the goblins break into confused babble.

"I don't have a javelin." "My Dog ate my javelin" "Hey Brag you have javelins lend me one" "okay" "Nogg, ill give you a gold if I can have half your javelins, and stay in back?" "Can I haz a jav-n?" "HANDS OFF MY STUFF, you can just throw a rock or something" "Ooh, Ooh! I have a sling, can I stay back and throw rocks?" I have a bunch o daggers, can I stay back too? "If I throw my javelin, I won't have a weapon, but I could hang back and grab a weapon later. Whats the signal? Is a javelin the same as a spear? When did we get javelins? my spear broke when I was using it to practice this cool vault charge""Okay, I'm ready

Restoring order you manage to get one javelin, or other missile weapon to most of the goblins, and they are dispatched to the south. Clouldkill sets up 20' to the west of the knot of drow. (off map)

Last edited:

Phaezen

First Post
Drisdhaun rolls his eyes as the goblins leave, trying to imagine why his cohorts would want to stay and rule this group of kobold droppings, rather than carving power amongst the Drow.

Looking at his companions he signs "We should look at gaining influence with the Hobgoblins and Orcs as soon as possible. I would also be interested in investigating the town that one of these runts mentioned, we might be able to find some allies there"

With that he moves to take his position behind Vorgrym, throwing hammer in his hand.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=EVH]
Is there a bucket of water around in the camp? Reason I ask is I think I have an idea how to put out the fire using Mage Hand by dumping water onto it.
[/sblock]

Remove ads