Drowquest [4e] Raiding the Road (Hiatus)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
OOC:

Your travel up the steep slope, and your earlier exertions, wear you out quickly. Resting that for several hours in a side cave, your guards on watch are startled to see a familiar face approaching.

It is the Drow Bard – Raelyn, from he other training squad. He looks somewhat battered but pleased to find you. You are less pleased about the other development, Rantyr refuses to awaken from his trance. His body is cold to the touch, but there are no wounds on his person. Drjaar who was also in a trance, and closest to him, seems a little dazed but reports noticing nothing.

Djaar's inner journey: [sblock] As you meditated, your back against the rock wall, your mind drifted. You felt the energy of the world enter you and twist, changing you from mortal to something more. You flowed along lines of power that you never new existed, connecting all of the vastness of the underdark. You saw how the necromantic ritual twisted the power of the rocks themselves, allowing it to move in directions that had never had before. You awaken confused and groggy, but the feeling passes in a few minutes. [/sblock] OOC: anyone can read this if they like.
Character sheets should be updated to reflect changes and magic items.

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Javilex looks over the body of Rantyr, trying to ascertain what might have happened to him, although his skill with basic healing was minimal at best. (Heal check)

As Raelyn comes into view, he stands up and nods to the patrolman, and it is at this time Javilex notices that the bard is alone. "Um... where are the others, Raelyn? Do not tell me the same thing has befallen you that had befallen us?" The beastmaster glances over at the others with a worried look on his face. "This is not good. Not good at all."

nerdytenor

First Post
"It was quite a stirring battle," Raelyn says. His smile is rather broad given that he probably just witnessed the death of many of his companions. "Alas, not all battles can be won. Hmm hmm." Raelyn begins humming to himself, and takes out a small flute and begins to play a soft, doleful lament, either ignorant or uninterested in the looks he is getting from the others. A few bars later and he puts the instrument away.

"So! Where does the battle take us next? Your group seems hearty enough - well, most of you" he says, looking down at Rantyr and whistling. "I'm sure we'll have a heck of a story to tell once we get out of here." Raelyn takes out his sword and bats his shield with it as if he had just learned to fight. His enthusiasm seems to have completely overtaken any fear he may be feeling.

Phaezen

First Post
"It will be good to travel with you Raelyn" Drandaur nods as a way of greeting. "Notice anything strange during the battle? There are strange things happening and any information we can gather would be most welcome"

nerdytenor

First Post
Raelyn relates what he can, gesticulating theatrically with both sword and shield.

OOC: I don't know what my character knows at this point so EvilHalfling feel free to fill in :)

renau1g

First Post
Nashquiri looks down at the fallen corpse of their former member, Rantyr, and shrugs before continuing on without a second glance. Upon the discovery of the new drow, Nashquiri is initally very suspicious of the newcomer.

"How did you manage to survive when the rest of your squad perished, oh great singer of songs?" Nashquiri questions, visibly distrusting him.

After listening to the tale, the wizard will lean on his staff and ask "Well, let's see if we can pay a visit to our 'cousins' up top." his voice dripping with venom at the mention of the surface elves.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Djaar stands from his rest holding his head in a hand. He moans softly and says, in a pained voice: I feel... strange. Something has weakened, or poisoned me, someway... I feel like there's something flowing into my body from the outside...

renau1g

First Post
Seeing the reaction from Djaar, Nashquiri will place himself behind Vorgrym, interposing him between Djaar and himself.

He will whisper to Vorgrym "We must watch him closely, we can't risk another one turning against us"

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Raeyln spins a tale of drow fighting drow amid the falling stones, and billowing dust, through the murk he managed to catch a glimpse of someone in blood red robes, unusual in the underdark. He also heard calls for Lieutenant Prospero shortly after the attack started, and some of you know that invisibility and short distance teleports are within his powers. Whether he turned his coat or merely fled, is not clear.

Javlix takes a closer look at the body but learns nothing, although there are some odd stains on the rock where he was lying, it looks like darker veins within the rock, some of the veins lead in the direction of Djaar’s resting place.
The rock seems different from any in the surrounding area.
OOC: Javlix's Heal 3+2, Perception 18+7

Keeping a wary eye on each other, you continue up the passage. After another few hours of walking, the slanting passage is 15’ wide where it ends at a blank wall. After climbing for two days the passage ends here? Perhaps there is a…..
Moving closer you can hear muffled shouting from beyond the wall, it sounds like goblins.

Remove ads