Drowquest [4e] Raiding the Road (Hiatus)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Javilex summons Saereth back to him, and the tarantula skitters back up the wall and over to where he stands.

As the voice echoes in from outside and the name Godeep is mentioned... the ranger considers what the word on the street was about the House and how they indoctrinated and held their thralls. (Streetwise check)

"It is not a good day whenever a claim is made on another. I do not relish the idea of giving myself over to another House," he whispers.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
After a moment of silence, a the same voice says “No, we don’t have time,” then louder “House Godeep sends its regards.”
Javlix is pretty sure that Godeep is one of the Great Houses in the Vault ooc: streetwise 10+0

The noise of movement grows louder then dies away. This leaves you more aware of your own situation. (Days) away from the drow community, cut off without allies and few supplies. The most direct route leads through a nest of hook horrors, bypassed due to sleep poison. There was one large passageway between this cavern and the horrors.

It takes half an hour to finish digging out your small tunnel. You uncover a still twitching undead leg, along the way but its owner is hardly a threat. You take careful precautions when you emerge from the cramped tunnel, but there is nothing waiting for you. Only silence, spent bolts, and splatters of blood. No way to tell if any others of the company caught in the ambush survived.

The amulet proves to be a Ward of Loth in common use among the drow. The chainmail is magical, but without properties. The rapier, now devoid of poison, is non-magical. Although, the pommel is set with a coin, just like the company symbol and Vorgrym’s blade.

OOC:[sblock]
Ward of Loth = amulet, +1 Fort/Ref/Will (resist poison 5)
The company symbol is the hilt of a blade, a coin set in the pommel. (Serving as a blunt statement that the company is a weapon available to those who can pay)
The Hook Horror Lair has a pack of 3 adults.

Sorry about the break, my primary computer crashed. [/sblock]

Phaezen

First Post
Drisdhaun, stoops and recovers the items of valuable from the twice deceased patrol leader.

Examining them he looks at the rest of the group. "We should most probably make use of these." Looking at the amulet he recognises the design, "Vorgym, you could most probably make best use of this, it should protect you against poison. I can make best use of the armour."

[sblock=OOC]
If eveyone is ok with this Drisdhaun will don the chainmail. I will also
[/sblock]

"Javilex, Djaar do you think you could scout a way around the Hook Horrors?" He turns to look at the rest of the group "Any other ideas?"

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vorgrym nods, catching his breath after helping dig. He takes the amulet, and looks around for objections from the others. "We should scout around for another way out. We can't fight those hook horrors, it would be suicide"

[sblock=ooc]A d6 wasn't rolled for my healing, so I took the liberty to do it. Got a 2. Roll Lookup
Puts me @ 26/27 hp and 7/10 surges.
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Well that's my job, isn't it? I'll go. says Djaar, preparing himself.

[sblock=ooc]good to have you back, evil. How would it work if Djaar was to scout ahead?[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Rantyr seems remarkably uninterested in the magical items, and instead is fixated on the (re)dead Caliban. He hunches over next to him.

"Fascinating..."

[sblock=Perception DC 15]
When it appears that no-one is looking, Caliban cuts a small piece of undead flesh from Caliban and mutters a few words of sacrifice to the Devourer while grasping it between his hands. When he opens them, the piece of flesh has disappeared. Rantyr's face flushes briefly with pleasure.
[/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"Javilex, Djaar do you think you could scout a way around the Hook Horrors?"
Javilex glances over at Djaar, and then shrugs. When Djaar says he is ready and able, the beastmaster nods and then turns to Drisdhaun. "Sounds about right. Djaar... you take point... Saereth and I will guard your back." He then prepares to follow Djaar out as the three of them move out in front to scout a way around the hook horrors.

renau1g

First Post
Nashquiri sniffs derisively at the remains of Caliban, "Bah! Necromancy was always used by novices and cowards" the wizard sneers.

The drow will await the results of the others scouting and will sit down and peruse his spellbook while waiting.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
On the way to the Hook Horror lair there is a wide passage that forms a + junction with your original route. One end of that passage leads sharply upward the other is level or slightly sloped downward. Javlix and Djaar follow it a short distance in each direction confirming that neither passage seems to lead or connect to passages back to the Vault. The upper passage climbs at least 100' up in the short distance you follow it, could it be heading for the surface?

ten minutes later the first split branching of the Lair area itself comes into the edge of your vision, you here a faint clacking sound from somewhere up ahead. OOC: perception rolls 1d20+7=25, 1d20+6=11

Javlix thinks there are two sources, one from the right, and an answer from the left. You wisely retreat at that point, and return to the others with the information.

OOC: this map is as much from memory as current observation. You approach it from 50' of straight passage to the right side of the map. ie (180e,60n)

Attachments

• DrowHooks.JPG
    DrowHooks.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Ill be back on the 24th.

ooc: [sblock]
I'm going to be off for about a week - I'm visiting my parent's farm, who have dialup only. I'm hoping to continue the game when I return, but you've been silent for a few days now.
Is there a problem deciding which way to go? I have all three choices planned out, and Vorgrym has argued against the route through the hook horror lair.

If people want to change characters, now is also a good time to start posting write-ups in the OOC thread. I won't have my PHB2 till i get back, unless there is a miracle and amazon manages to deliver mine before I leave tonight. :(
[/sblock]

Remove ads