Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated

How very interesting - we bought a ton of those during 4E, but used them far less than I expected we would. So hard to separate and organize for quick grabbing. But man I loved the prettiness of 'em.

How very interesting - we bought a ton of those during 4E, but used them far less than I expected we would. So hard to separate and organize for quick grabbing. But man I loved the prettiness of 'em.

Xanthys

Villager
For me, there were two tricks:
The first was to use them as prefab parts of a vinyl map. Slap the tile down a generic hallway to speed up drawing time, then sketch out the weird shaped lake.

The other trick to using the tiles was too not get hung up on the actual rooms used. A 30 ft square room is a 30 ft square room.

This. Using the tiles on a mat and sketching out the remaining stuff works like a charm. Really glad they’re reviving the line and hoping it’s all-new art.

Stuff like this is cool and all, but the only time I actually sit at an appropriate-sized table for these to be useful is at conventions. I do not even remember how many years it has been since any home group I was in used a central table to game on.

Ghost2020

Adventurer
Huh, saw this at a convention today.

The vendor said they fold out 2 panels to a side. Wet/dry erase, and folds into standard 8.5x11 in size.
Forest on one side, standard indoors on other.

I can't confirm as it was still sealed.

darjr

I crit!
Tiles based on the campaigns would be a big win! Also if they locked together like the dungeon tiles from the D&D System boardgames they’d have to dodge the money I threw at them. I always wondered why they didn’t do this.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I'd like to see maps/tiles and Pawns based off the campaigns.

This! They already make minis specific to the season's campaign, it seems only logical to sell map tiles and battlemaps that tie into the adventure paths.

As for another set of generic map tiles, I think I'll pass. I have the 4e sets and barely use them. Mostly I print out my battlemaps with a large-format printer. That way, I get the exact map I need.

I generally do my own. A tip on organization though: I have a large number of generic tiles useful for various locals separated (city, dungeon etc.) in large zip locks and separate bags for tiles created for specific locations. That way you can pop them out for use, return them to their own bag when done and pull up the next set as needed. And I agree, these things are pretty, I just prefer to tailor my own for my setting. I also have some large pieces (up to 28" x 35" on cardstock) for specific locations (temples, manor houses, etc.). I like my visual aids. Saves a lot of time in descriptions and comes in handy for use with minis.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
This! They already make minis specific to the season's campaign, it seems only logical to sell map tiles and battlemaps that tie into the adventure paths.

As for another set of generic map tiles, I think I'll pass. I have the 4e sets and barely use them. Mostly I print out my battlemaps with a large-format printer. That way, I get the exact map I need.

That would be cool if it could done and profitable for the parties involved in making it happen.

I just picked up the Tomb of Annihliation board game but haven't went through the tiles yet but it would be nice to have room or 2 in there...but now that I think about it, I think the game goes 1 tile at a time (really not sure)... went up on the emotional rollercoaster and then back down :)

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I generally do my own. A tip on organization though: I have a large number of generic tiles useful for various locals separated (city, dungeon etc.) in large zip locks and separate bags for tiles created for specific locations. That way you can pop them out for use, return them to their own bag when done and pull up the next set as needed. And I agree, these things are pretty, I just prefer to tailor my own for my setting. I also have some large pieces (up to 28" x 35" on cardstock) for specific locations (temples, manor houses, etc.). I like my visual aids. Saves a lot of time in descriptions and comes in handy for use with minis.

I had the Dragonspear castle map printed out to scale... took up most of my 4x7 table buut it was cool as heck! Still got it rolled up just in case.

Arilyn

Hero
We have a ton of Wotc tiles and Paizo flip maps, and then the ones which ended up getting the most use are the little maps that used to come with the Pathfinder comics. Small and easy go toss on the table.

Remove ads

Remove ads