Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet" D&D (v1.11)

Thasmodious

First Post
Something that would useful would be a note section on one of the character sheet pages, just a small one, where you could enter text yourself for when a small problem with the sheet does crop up, like the extra spells from expanded spellbook, or notes on what a PC can do with his implement or other small 1/enc bonuses, magic item powers, etc.

Obryn

Hero
Frankly, this is exactly what I've been waiting for for 4e. In theory. :)

If it works like Heroforge, I'm your new biggest fan.

-O

SuperJosh

First Post
For a ranger, no matter which "free skill" ie nature or dungeouneering, you take it assigns you nature.

For what it is worth this is an AMAZING sheet. Thanks for all the effort you put into it!

Amurayi

Explorer
wetzilla said:
1. +1 to all skills isn't added at level 10, not sure about 20.
You don't get +1 to all skills at level 10. You get +1 to all ability scores at level 11 and 21. Currently works as intended.

Kralin Thornberry said:
when making a ranger with the two-blade style, there isn't enough room under the powers to add the secondary attacks and/or effects.
We are aware that the space is limited on the 1st page. We don't want to make fields larger or lower the typo size though. I suggest you use abbreviations. These "favorite" attacks shall stick to your mind soon enough anyway. We considering making a larger Powercard page like you can already see in the PDF version.

Thasmodious said:
Not a bug, but it might be nice to have a place on the Equipment tab, with armor and shield, to input defense bonus from Neck items.
That's a great idea!

Thasmodious said:
Also, somewhere on the character sheet to list the powers of your magic items would be nice.
Currently running out of space. We'll look into it.

brehobit said:
One issue I noticed is that +4 or better armor should probably get the masterwork bonus be default...
I don't understand what you mean here. Masterwork is a mere "fluff" description that the armor uses a special material. You don't get an extra bonus from it.

Great comments so far everyone... we'll start bug fixing asap.
Meanwhile maybe you like the PDF version (not editable). It has Magic Item cards and Powercars as well:
http://www.lemonbutter.com/dnd/DnD4Charsheet.zip

We have a problem with the Epanded Spellbook understanding exactly how it works. Maybe you can shed some light on it so we can add it correctly:
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=4278446

Last edited:

sircedric4

First Post
This is sweet! And what is even better is now I don't have to do one myself. It took me long enough to come up with my little power card generator and database support that I was really wondering whether I wanted to take on the large effort for a character sheet.

I wonder if you are thinking about adding power cards to your file? I have seen the big make your own power card forum, which is where I added the link to my Excel power card blanks and database. (http://beliefsciences.com/4efiles.html) Hmm, it looks like you have left the sheet unlocked, so I might see what I can do to add my little power card blanks to the sheet for my own use, and tie them off the power information in your sheet.

Once again, awesome sheet! This is the one I am going to use for 4e!

Amurayi said:
Adding the full powers might be a step to far to get in trouble with the WotC legal department. We won't cross this line.

Ah, but could you link the powers section to the attacks section? That way some of the information is already there (for those of us with short attention/ADD, I wouldn't have to keep going back and forth, just crack open the book)? And perhaps make some of the boxes drop downs as well (i.e., range, target, etc)? And again, room for attacks with secondary attacks and effects.

I don't want to sound disappointed or demanding, I LOVE your sheet. If I could help, I would offer, but my Excel-Fu is non-existant.

I offer you a huge Thank you my friend.

Thasmodious

First Post
I kinda like the powers sheet to just be a fill as you need sheet. You can list whatever extra there, your racials, class non attack powers, etc. Copy the sheet to have more room for powers.

Speaking of which, I retract my suggestion about needing a space to detail magic item powers (you're right Amurayi, there really isn't room). When I suggested that I hadn't fully played around with the power sheet and it has plenty of text space (especially since you can change the font size for a particular section) to list non attack powers and magic items and their power. Works just fine for that.

Only thing I can think now that might improve that would be to have something like the last two power entries at the bottom of the page be non attack entries with larger text boxes for effects (and the BAB, Damage boxes removed) for those utility powers or magic items that require a lot of explanation. Even then, that's hardly necessary, if its too wordy, you can just slap a page number under 'Effect' and move on.

Thanks again for these sheets, they really are wonderful.

Remove ads