Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet" D&D (v1.11)

Thasmodious

First Post
When he first posted this, the first post said version: 1.07, but when you d/led it the sheet said 1.06. If your sheet now says 1.07, I'd say you got the one with the fix? Perhaps the 1.08 means the current version they are working towards releasing.

I feel special that two of my suggestions are in the new version :)

Edit: just d/led the new sheet and my shows version 1.08

Last edited:

Thasmodious

First Post
Noticed something minor. When working on abilities on the character basics page, you can set all 6 scores to 10 in the points before and points after columns, and it still shows you have 22 pts to spend. In other words, you can eliminate the 8 starting score. Not a big deal, obviously. Someone would need to cheat on purpose to take advantage of that.

This may be a silly question, but I couldn't figure out how to fill in powers/attacks for page 3 of the character sheet. There's only room for 5 on the attacks page and these all show up on Page 1.

redwulf25_ci

First Post
Thasmodious said:
Noticed something minor. When working on abilities on the character basics page, you can set all 6 scores to 10 in the points before and points after columns, and it still shows you have 22 pts to spend. In other words, you can eliminate the 8 starting score. Not a big deal, obviously. Someone would need to cheat on purpose to take advantage of that.

It's not cheating if your DM says "All your scores start at 10".

Gremdel

First Post
Feat Correction:

Improved Misty Step
Flavor Text says Int 15, when it's Int 13
Conditional Statement checks Con >= 15, when it should be Int >= 13

Great work, btw! Really well done and I appreciate all the hard work.

warderbrad

Explorer
Errors

I was sent a copy of your sheet at version 1.07 and found some issues that I corrected, and I hope I made some improvements to the user interface part as well. Please give me a way to send you the modified sheet to let you look it over.

The main area that was an error was the way trained skills were being handled. As it is someone could break the sheet and get a total of +15 to a skill if a class gives that skill as a class automatic skill (rogue with thievery) and they put an x in the skill and then put a feat in skill training for that skill. The solution was to change it from three if then statements to one that used an OR.

Other than that the changes were minor but helpful like making boxes for input disappear using conditional formatting when they were not being used. And in the armor area making the list for special material only list the material that applies to the armor type you have. And on the character sheet I did a reorganization of the hit point area and made boxes for the healing surges so that users just mark off the ones they used.

Stuff like that.

BTW I got the sheet on the Heroforge Yahoo group, which is really good about finding bugs and developing excel sheets for D&D. You are more than welcome to join us there and use our people to help make your sheet better. http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Hero_Forge/

Last edited:

Thasmodious

First Post
Concerning the 'notes' section on the last page (thanks for adding that!), the text boxes don't go line to line, the longer a string you enter in the box, it shrinks the font size to compensate, keeping the whole text string on 1 line.

I've created about two dozen characters with the sheet so far, I loves it. And I got my physical books today, I loves that as well.

Amurayi

Explorer
Heya Brad,

looking forward to see your version. I send you a PM where to send the file to.

Meanwhile:
Version 1.09: RELEASED 06-09-2008
New features:
- "Attacks": Chosen Powers and Class feature powers can be selected from drop down
- you can now not set a trained skill (through class) trained anymore
- All defenses have a freely editable "Misc" box now
Fixes:
- Minor Design Fixes
- Feats: "Warlock Pact" fixed. You do get a Pact power, not Eldricth Blast
- "Acolyte Power" and "Adept Power" now show the correct powers
- Skills: The "Custom" field can now be edited again
- Special Armor Materials don't produce errors anymore
- renamed Unarmed attacks
- Date not country dependant anymore

silentounce

First Post
Someone mentioned earlier about errors when using open office. I use that product as well. I don't believe the question was addressed at all. Are you guys offering any support for OO Calc? I just downloaded 1.09 and there are enough problems with it for it not to be of much use.

Remove ads