Wis: 10 +0 (2p.) Init: +0 Spell Save: +4
Cha: 18 +4 (16p.) ACP: +0 Spell Fail: 0%

AC: 10 Touch: 10 Flatfooted: 10

Fort: 0 +2 +2
Refl: 0 +0 +0
Will: 2 +0 +2

Weapon: Morningstar (-1, 1d8 -1, 20/x2)
Languages: Common, Infernal, TBD
Abilities: Spontaneous Spell Casting, Summon Familiar, Bonus Feat, Bonus Skill Points
Feats: Educated[General], Bloodline feat?
Skill Points: 20 Max Ranks: 4/2

Skills Ranks Mod Misc Total
Bluff: 4 +4 +0 +8
Concentration: 4 +2 +0 +6
Knowledge(Arcana): 4 +2 +1 +6
Spellcraft: 4 +2 +0 +6
Knowledge(Religion) 1 +2 +0 +3
Knowledge(Dungeoneering) 1 +2 +1 +3
Knowledge(Geography) 1 +2 +0 +3
Knowledge(Local) 1 +2 +0 +3

Spells Known: 4/2
0-Level: Read Magic, Detect Magic, Light, Ghost Sound
1-Level: Protection from Evil, Magic Missile

Equipment: Cost Weight
High Style Clothing Free --
Morningstar 9g 6lb
Candles(4) 4c --
Hooded Lantern 9g 2lb
Trail Rations
Ink
Parchment
Waterskins
Belt Pouch

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 110lb
Eyes: Large and brown
Hair: Raven Black
Skin: Light peach

Appearance: Luxurious Black hair, dark green eyes, and possessed of extraordinary fashion sense and a beautiful, clear voice. Kasha is a natural leader, like her parents, and makes every effort to make those around feel comfortable. She is always smiling, happy, and quick with words of encouragement.

History: Her parents are from the Ghaash'Maruk, in the Demon Wastes, and so is she, originally. Her parents both felt the call, and left Eldeen to take up the fight on the demons. They fell in love, and the results have been years of wedded bliss, killed demons, and a little girl called Kasha, too precious to risk in the wastes. They sent her to Sharn, for an education, and to keep her safe, but her heritage and force of personality, like her parents, shines through. It is more than possible that celestial blood runs in her family.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

These are just character sketches, and I will expand upon them if requested... :)

Okay, here are my character ideas (in no particular order). I have two possible ways to go with Knya - see alternate notes below.

Knya d’Phiarlan: Elven Rogue

Kyna is a beautiful and talented daughter of House Phiarlan. She had a bright and charming personality, and was always able to see the best in every situation. An unrelenting optimist, Kyna lived a seemingly blessed life; neither of her parents, although nobles of the House, carried Dragonmarks, so it was not expected that Kyna would. It was against all expectations that the young Kyna developed the Lesser Mark of Shadow before her 85th birthday. The Last War hardly touched her, as she was still in training.

Like most Dragonmarked heirs, she was engaged to be married to another Dragonmarked heir – unlike most arranged marriages, however, this was a love match. Kyna had met Donovan while entertaining at a private party. The two discovered that they worked very well together indeed, and had become fast friends by the time the night was out. They worked together often in the next few years, and it was with a heavy heart that Kyna heard her parents’ announcement that they had chosen a husband for her. She was overjoyed to hear that her betrothed was her very own beloved Donovan, and rushed to share the news with him. The next year before the wedding seemed to drag, and the date seemed far too far off for the impatient Kyna.

However, two weeks before the wedding, House Phiarlan declared Donovon d’Phiarlan excoriate.

Donovan was expelled from the House, his family name, holdings, and belongings stripped from him. All members of the House were forbidden to speak with him, or associate with him in any way.

Alternate: However, two weeks before the wedding came the falling out between House Phiarlan and what became House Thuranni. Donovan d’Phiarlan became Donovan d’Thuranni.

The betrothal, of course, was canceled. Knya was forbidden to speak with him or associate with him in any way.

Kyna was devastated. She fell into a deep depression, and withdrew from society for several months. When she finally pulled herself out of her depression, the happy go lucky Kyna of but six months before was gone.

Kyna now is quiet and reserved in her off-stage moments; although she still acts her same self while performing, the personality is no more than a garment she puts on for the crowd. She is sober and thoughtful, and quite a different person. She still loves Donovan, and one of her driving motivations is to discover why Donovan was declared excoriate – Kyna believes that he was wrongly accused of wrongdoing, and if she could but discover the reason, she could clear his name.

Alternate: She still loves Donovan, though House Thuranni is a major competitor of House Phiarlan; she hopes he is still alive, although she has not seen or heard of him since before the end of the Last War. Now an adult in her own right, she is very carefully and slowly seeking information on him, knowing that her House would not approve. She has heard that he was in Cyre for a good portion of the War - but he has been seen since the War's end, so she believes he was not caught in Cyre when everything went up in flames.

Game tie-ins: Knya is still searching for information on him, and such a thing would be perfect to tie her into the game. For instance, if she heard he had traveled to the wilds of The Demon Wastes, she would follow to attempt to meet up with him somewhere far from the prying eyes of House Phiarlan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arcadia Deneith: Human Fighter

This idea would work best if paired with an NPC or PC as their bodyguard.

Arcadia grew up with high expectations, as both her parents carried Dragonmarks – and her father carried a Greater Mark of the Sentinel. In fact, her immediate family line – on both maternal and paternal sides of her family – had a high concentration of Dragonmarked individuals. However, as she grew older, her Dragonmark failed to surface. She underwent the Test of Siberys when she was 20, and even the test failed to result in a Dragonmark.

Now it is 3 years after her Test, and she has finally accepted what all others in her House had several years ago – she will never have a Dragonmark. As such, she will also never gain the high rank in the House that she believes she should have had.

Even so, she takes her duty – and the low rank she has – very seriously. She is a member of the Defender’s Guild, and has focused her efforts on bodyguarding to the exclusion of almost all else. She is intensely loyal to House Deneith, and is quick to defend them to anyone who will listen. However… that’s when she’s on-duty.

She is a capable bodyguard and talented swordswoman, and is solemn and serious while on-duty; however, she has developed a reputation for a hellraiser while off-duty. She has received several warnings from the House for her behavior, but thus far none have seemed to have effect. Arcardia is an adventurous sort, and loves traveling.

Arcadia participated in the Last War, as did most of House Deneith, naturally. She had actually been stationed in Cyre, and had been transferred back to Sharn, where she grew up, shortly before Cyre became the Mournlands. She considers the lucky escape a blessing, having since heard wild tales of the Mournland; but she still grieves for her companions who had been left behind. She often wonders if they might be alive yet, in the Mournland....

Game Tie-ins: Arcadia would, of course, go wherever her House ordered her to. But also, she wonders about the companions and House members left behind in the Mournland, and if off-duty would be more than willing to search out and adventure to discover what became of them.

Last edited:

Candide

First Post
Goddess, I believe the campaign starts in 998 YK. Which I think is 2 years after the Treaty of Thronehold is signed. Atleast that's the years in the book, I think.

Gez

First Post
Candide said:
Gez, I like Tirlen your halfling Ranger. Go ahead and stat him up whenever you can.

Tirlen, halfling ranger.
Small Humanoid (Halfling)
Str: 10
Dex: 20
Con: 10
Int: 12
Wis: 14
Cha: 8

Climb: 1 rank
Handle Animal: 4 ranks
Hide: 1 rank
Jump: 4 ranks
Knowledge—Dungeoneering: 2 rank
Knowledge—Geography: 2 ranks
Knowledge—Nature: 2 ranks
Listen: 1 rank
Move Silently: 1 rank
Ride: 2 ranks
Tumble: 4 ranks
Survival: 2 ranks
Spot: 1 rank
Swim: 1 rank

Feat: Point-Blank Shot

Gear:
Small sap
Small short sword
Small rapier
Small sling + slingstones
Small suit of leather armor
Explorer's clothings

Candide said:
Gez, how would Sil, your changeling, come to be a paladin? or the Kalashtar version of Sil?

The call of duty, the desire for justice... But it doesn't matter anyway, I don't want to play several characters. If Tirlen the ranger is to get in, the paladins do not have to be there. :)

Last edited:

Candide said:
Goddess, I believe the campaign starts in 998 YK. Which I think is 2 years after the Treaty of Thronehold is signed. Atleast that's the years in the book, I think.

I wasn't sure what year you were playing in (I'm playing in another Eberron game that is actually set during the Last War). Thanks!

I've updated my possible character histories above a bit.... edited the post.

If you like one of them, let me know and I'll stat her up.

Last edited:

Temujin

First Post
Here's my offering to the mix :)

Krrathuul, half-orc barbarian

Appearance:
Standing nearly 6'5" and with a large build, Krrath leaves an impressive shadow. His body is covered in pits and gouges, scars of his childhood. He is missing two of his fingers on his left hand (pinky, ring) as well as his middle finger on his left hand (an accident involving stealing a kill from a bear). His skin is tanned, his scars leaving streaks and paths of light skin.

Personality:
Krrath strongly believes in the idea "might is right". Those that shy away from combat he sees as weak and destined to be his inferior. Despite this view, he can often be found helping the less unfortunate, provided they show him a little backbone or he sees that they have potential. Quick to anger when violence is involved, he is however rarely affected by jokes or taunts, and most jests fail to get any response from him but laughter.

Background:
Krrathuul (Krrath for short) grew up in a small village in the Droaam. A half-orc orphaned by his parents in some squalid town, one could say he had a sort of distain for life. Constantly beaten for being in the way, being a half-breed, or simply being an eyesore, he quickly learned that strength was all that mattered. He cursed his own weakness and frailty – the fault of his weak human mother no doubt. Then one day he changed.

A group of orc children, learning from the actions of their parents, decided to pick on him. Throwing rocks and beating him, he was quickly on the ground, his body already weak from hunger and repeated abuse. With wicked grins the children produced a dagger and, holding him down, began to cut off his fingers starting on his left hand. With a cut, he could feel the first finger come free as his warm blood flowed onto the ground, and he blacked out. In the void of his mind, he floated, looking over his pathetic life. Why was he so unlucky, cursed even, with such a pathetic existence? Had he been born into a strong family, not some to some human whore, he would be able to save himself. Wallowing in self-pity, he resigned himself to death by a band of children, when he heard a voice echo from the void. “You are weak because you believe you are weak.” It boomed. “You act like strength is a prize… something so easily given. If you seek true strength, then live, and find it in the waking world.”

With a start, Krrath started back to awareness, and the world appeared more vivid. He looked down as the child with the knife began on his second finger – only a second had passed. The cheers and shouts of the other children filled his ears and his blood raced. His body tensing, some of the children realized something was amiss and the one with the dagger stopped for a moment, but with a look of determination and hatred, began on the second finger. Krrath thought he was going to black out again as his vision started to fade, blackness decending on his sight. The tempo of his veins reached his ears now, and it was if everything exploded. His body became light, and his head swam as he lifted himself from the dirt. He could barely hear now over the drums in his skull, and his vision was blurred, shapes and shadows mostly. Before he realized it, the only sound in his head was his heart, and his eyes were closed. How much time had passed? He thought, as he opened his eyes to view the carnage before him. His left hand, minus two fingers, was covered in blood, and his arm looked slightly pale. His arms were cut, not deep, but more like gouges from nails and teeth. Around him lay 3 bodies, all small and all broken. Blood trailed off around the corner as the survivors escaped the slaughter. Quickly tearing fabric from the nearest body, he wrapped his hand and staggered down the road and made for the edge of the village. He hadn’t found true strength, but he had tasted it. Now, he wanted more.

Krrath despises those that remind him of how he once was, however if they show any determination and will, he will gladly help them grow beyond their frail forms in search of true strength. Though he dislikes most other races for their weaknesses (excepting dwarves and warforged, who he admires for their strength and determination) he despises orcs even more, and will not hesitate to kill one on sight. His personality is fractured and full of contradictions depending on the situation and his attitude at the time. Often he will save a person in distress (from bandits, etc.) not because he feels for them, but because it brings back memories of his past and enrages him before he realizes it. For this instability of mind, many find it hard to make friends with him, but his power in a fight often sway them the other way, provided they are nowhere near him when he goes off.

Candide

First Post
BUMP.

and reminding folks that they only have 4 more hours to post a character concept. I'll be deciding at midnight. There are some great ideas here, it's gonna be tough. Yeah, I know that sounds corny and BSed but it's true. I never like telling people "no you can't be in this group".

RobotRobotI

First Post
So, do we have to post a character concept *and* character stats to be considered?

Also, I editted the post regarding Iohr with a bit more data.

Bront

The man with the probe
Candide said:
BUMP.

and reminding folks that they only have 4 more hours to post a character concept. I'll be deciding at midnight. There are some great ideas here, it's gonna be tough. Yeah, I know that sounds corny and BSed but it's true. I never like telling people "no you can't be in this group".

*quietly hums the jeopardy theme*

Remove ads