Eberron: The Machine of War(FULL)

Candide

First Post
Bront said:
I would think you handling the dice rolls would be best in most cases (You can roll skills we either automaticly use, you think we might use, or that we asked to use, work out combat on your end after we tell you actions, ect). HP might just be easier to either trust us, or give us a flat scale for HP depending on the HD, but it's easy enough for us to ask (Roll a D8, I'm going up in cleric, etc).

I hope my expounding on the Valenar clerics/mythos was usefull. Tell me what direction you want to go, and I'll tweek Valahandra.

You're right Bront, about the dice thing. For skill usage, some things I'll designate as automatic. Stuff like jump/tumble, with low DCs like 5 or 10 would be automatic. It seems contrary to Eberron style that if you want to jump onto the railing on the second floor stairs, and swing on the chandelier, some jump checks are needed. By no means will this be a free "make any theatrical move you want". Just something to give you guys a boost.

For combat, I'll want people to tell me what actions they take 3 rounds ahead. And tactical changes, if that character would do something different if in a new situation.

For your cleric, I can go either way on her. Whatever you feel is best to represent her connection to her ancestor

Do you do max HP for the first HD, or should I roll it? I thought that you said max HP, but now I see that's max gold. :)

And one more silly question... for my character, do you have a preference of which way I should go with her? Her fiance being excoriate, or of House Thuranni?

Last edited:

RobotRobotI

First Post
Hey, awesome, I got in.

Although you've got me listed as a Shifter Fighter, and although I proposed that early on, the only character concept I posted was a Shifter Rogue.

I hope that was just an oversight and not an 'Ooops, no room for that character then, my bad' kind of error. >.>

Candide

First Post
You always get max hp on first level, Goddess.

RobotRobotI. My bad. You're still in don't worry. I thought your concept was a fighter, which I then thought it odd since you were from wererat descent. But yeah, short answer is my bad, but you're still in anyway.

Bront

The man with the probe
Candide said:
For your cleric, I can go either way on her. Whatever you feel is best to represent her connection to her ancestor
I'll leave it as is then. I like that it might be different than most other people, and gives you something interetsting to play with.

3 rounds ahead is rough, but doable. Hopefully if things change significantly after 1-2 rounds you'll give us a chance to adjust. Just have to plot out contingancies.

Candide

First Post
I was just mentioning 3 as a ballpark figure thing. I'd most likely ask for 1 maybe 2 rounds depending on the threat. I didn't mean to use it as a definitive amount.

also, we have the IC thread up. Though I'll make the first post in it when we actually start. Right now it's a place holder. We also have the Rogue's Gallery thread.

Rogue's Gallery
In Character Thread

Last edited:

Candide

First Post
Bront, I have looked over your character and am giving you the go ahead to post her in the Rogue's Gallery thread I started. Post your stats/appearance/background/etc.

Bront

The man with the probe
Candide said:
Bront, I have looked over your character and am giving you the go ahead to post her in the Rogue's Gallery thread I started. Post your stats/appearance/background/etc.

Cool. I'll get it up there tonight, and then fix the links in m,y sig.

BTW, one other technique I've seen used in the other PbPs I've not played in a lot, but been lookign around) is making spoken text a different color per character. Obviously I can't say "This must be so" but I recomend it, since it can help when quoting to clairify who said what.

I have a color lined up for Valahandra already (Purple). I have the color I use for each character in my sig.

Remove ads