Eberron: The Machine of War(FULL)

Candide

First Post
The night slips by quietly, or as quietly as a night can be in Sharn.
Valhandra, Kasha, Kyna, Iohr, Tirlen:[sblock] Your sleep is plagued with images that you do not understand. Fields of battle and carnage assault your mind. Faint sounds of screams, angered and horrified, are let lose on your ears. Then a sound that can only be described as gibberish wraps itself around you, and then fades into silence. Each of you wake in the night to a cold sweat. [/sblock]

Morning comes and Sharn is alight with the hussle and bussle of another day. All those that were present at last night's battle meet outside The Broken Anvil before entering. As you go inside the dimly lit tavern, a halfling matron greets you with a jolly "Mornin, ladies and gents." Then she has a moment of realization, and waves her hands for you to follow her.
"Come this way, will ya? You aren't here for just a bite of breakfast, I know." She leads you back to a table near the back of the common room. She bows and waves her hand in a "have a seat" kind of manner.

"M'lady, your guests have arrived." the hafling matron says.

"Thank you, Molly. Oh, and get these fine folks something to eat will you? Oh, where are my manners? I'm Lady Elaydren d'Vown of House Cannith." the woman introduces. She wears a dark blue cloak that has delicate features. Her eyes are a dark blue and hair a sleek black adorned with silver and turquoise ornaments. She wears a signet ring of House Cannith on her right ring finger and speaks in a soft but clear voice.

"Thank you for coming. We have important business to discuss that relates to the unfortunate death of Bonal Geldem. Please, sit down." She motions her hand pointing out three pitchers. One of wine, one of water, and one of ale.

Bront

The man with the probe
Valahandra sits down and pours herself a drink of water. She says to Elaydren "I am Valahandra Da'briel. I'm sorry for your loss."

Gez

First Post
« Name's Tirlen. Was the victim a relative of yours? How did you know that Iohr, here, took the journal? And of what interest is a blank book anyway? »

Seeten

First Post
Kasha sits down. She offers a smile to the Lady, and nods politely. "I am happy you have agreed to see us..me..but I am really not sure what is going on here...I hope you can fill me in? Even my dreams now..."

"Kyna d'Phiarlan," Kyna introduces herself. "I am pleased to make your acquaintance, Lady d'Vown."

Kyna glides into a seat and pours herself a glass of wine, sipping it delicately. Her black hair is tied back with a silver band and looped intricately, so that no one length falls further than mid-back, although the amount reveals that it would most likely normally fall nearly to the ground. Her hairstyle reveals her pointed ears, each adorned with multiple silver earrings. A delicate touch of color about her catlike eyes brings out their emerald hue, and when the light falls upon her hair it almost seems to have a raven's-wing green/blue cast as well. She is wearing a simple, but very well made, traveler's outfit of dark purple.

Candide

First Post
"I have been working with Provost Geldem to recover a family heirloom." Lady Elaydren explains.

"We were to meet heer last night, but as you know, he never made it. I learned from the Watch what had transpired, and so sent one of my men to track you down." She continues.

"The heirloom, according to family legends, was locked away in a foundry that dates back to pre-Galifar Sharn. Poor Bonal believed he discovered the location of the foundry in an ancient House Cannith journal. I was going to fund an expedition to go to the site, but with Bonal..." Her voice falters. Then she leans close.

"Perhaps you would be willing to recover the heirloom for me. For a generous reward, of course. If I could please see the book you collected off of Bonal." She looks at Tirlen, as if to demonstrate an answer to his question of a "blank book".

Gez

First Post
« The book he collected off of this man, » replies the Halfling, poiting at Iohr. « I generally do not loot murder victims. »

RobotRobotI

First Post
Iohr casts an angry glance at the halfling. He doesn't bring the book forth from his clothes; instead, he just asks, "Why? It's blank. What good is a blank book?"

If there's one thing Iohr isn't going to do, it's give up his spoils to some stranger.

Remove ads