EB's Tyranny of Dragons - OOC (full)

It's not the getting inside that is the problem. That is easy-peasy.

It's the getting inside, convincing everyone to drop everything and get the f--k out right now, and then getting out of the fence before the patrol comes around the corner and find a bunch of sleeping allies. I can't imagine it takes more than 5 minutes to circle the church with 12-14 kobolds and lizards. And it will probably take more than 5 minutes for the civilians to get the stuff together and out the door. And the last thing I want is to try to run for the rat infested bolt hole of the castle with 20+ civilians while 75 enemies bear down on us. The civilians will not be moving at 12" as some of them will be old, injured, or children. The brigands won't have anything slowing them down, and they'll have ranged weapons.

Frankly, if everyone says, "we can't possibly do this without killing most of the civilian" Tina will agree and suggest we retreat before attempting this.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Let's see if we can't move this to at least the "getting in part"

Plan so far:
Xull'ivan will cast sleep on kobolds and cultist guarding the door.
Filmark and ??? (whatever face the group has to convince civilians inside to leave) step up to take care of the rest.

Tina - widening hole
Sebastian and Rumdum - lookouts??

So that leaves William and Tyrial to go with Filmark, the three of them sound like a solid strike force.

If TallIan and hero4hire are ok to tag along

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Sounds peachy to Sebastian. He feels honored to be a lookout for his new (he hopes) friends.

OOC: Also, we must remembeer that these kobold guards are just pulling another night of guard duty like they've been doing for ages, and it's just boring walking around the compound over and over. Why should they think that tonight will be any different than the last several months have been? They're probably already complacent, so if we just put forth a token effort to use stealth, be quiet, and hit them hard and fast, there should be a fair chance that we can put them down before they even realize what's going on.

Last edited:

Lief, I'm not worried about get the small group of rear guard down and out fast. It's the patroling group that is the issue. If they come around the corner while civilians are in the courtyard or if they see the rear guard down or missing, they raise the alarm and the 40-50 enemies come pouring around the church to find out what the commotion is.

But it's the only plan we've got so let's execute it and let the dice fall as they may.

Leif

Adventurer
Leif not Lief, but anyway, if the patrol is the issue, why don't we take them out when they are on the opposite side of the compound from the rear guard, and then take out the rear guard with near impunity?

The front of the compound has 40-50 enemies waiting to break down the front door of the church.
The rear of the church has the 5-6 guys we want to knock out.
The patrol is yet another 10-14 kobolds and lizards who will alert the front enemies to our presence.

So the plan, such as it is, is to sleep the rear guard after the patrol passes. Rush in. Rush out with unknown number of civilians. All in the time it takes the patrol to circle the church.

If we had like a dozen archers, I'd say kill the rear guard with arrows and save the sleep for the patrol. But last I checked, we didn't have a dozen archers.

Leif

Adventurer
So, then, the answer to my question is this: "Because if we do that, the 40-50 enemies at the front will proceed to kick our butts thoroughly." Check. Got it.

OOC: Also, we must remembeer that these kobold guards are just pulling another night of guard duty like they've been doing for ages,

Also, these guards have only invaded the town today. They've never guarded the rear of this church before today. They've probably never guarded anything for ages. The city has been attacked this morning. We are working in the middle of a surprise attack. Nothing about this is "normal".

Remove ads