• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elite: Year One - Issue #1

Mordane76

First Post
"Sie sind korrekt; Sie werden nicht mich verletzen, es sei denn Sie etwas besser haben, Traummann," she says. She turns slightly, looking for the bottle of chianti. "Zeigen Sie sich. Während Sie bemüht sind, sich darzustellen, erhalte ich etwas, sich zu entspannen," she says, preparing to pour herself some more booze.

Translation:
1. You're right; you're not going to hurt me, unless you've have something better, dream man.
2. Show yourselves. While you're busy presenting yourselves, I'll get something to relax myself.

Last edited:

Synchronicity

First Post
Christopher Jones

Tokiwong said:
Christopher

“Well it seems that the United Nations and several firms around the world are trying to put together some type of measure to get a hand le on this new situation. You will find that things will be moving quickly. Tomorrow you will be flown to an undisclosed location for a briefing with Dr. Bashar Hudabo,” she smiles.

"Flown? Undis...right. That's not a lot of notice, you know. I suppose I'd better get moving and sort things out, then." 'What about Kelly? I get the feeling she may not take this too well..but it's a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't pass it up!'

Rybaer

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Back at home for Gordon, he finally makes the phone call to Lauren. The phone rings four times before she answers, “Gordon?” she seems surprised, “How are you honey, is everything alright?”

"What?" he says, slightly annoyed. "Can't I call just to say hi and chat anymore?

"Well, anyway, things are just fine here. I was calling to let you know that a new research grant we're working under might entail me moving...to Barcelona of all places.

"So, uh, how's your research going?"

Mimic

First Post
"Todd don't, it was an accident, she didn't mean to do it." She tells him manuvering between the two people.

Keeping herself in front of him she lowers her voice so he has to focus on her. "Please calm down, I don't want anyone to get hurt."

Calinon

First Post
Charles just smiles and hands Jason a phone, “Here take this, let us know when you are ready. We have a location for your brother already in mind. He really would not even have to relocate, so much as just moving across town to a more secure and safe neighborhood.”

Charles turns and walks away, “When you are ready give us a call on that phone, we will be in touch.”
Jason briefly considers tossing the phone into the nearest sewer, but finally stuffs it into his jacket pocket. Making his way off the construction site, he takes a final look back and with another shake of his head, starts down the street towards the nearby subway.

The rush hour done, the subway station isn't packed as it usually was when he rode the train and he's able to sit down on the plastic seats next to a window. The ride to his neighbourhood seemed to take forever with his mind in turmoil.

What sort of black ops crap was this task force?

Was he going to even come back from this... volunteer service?

He gave an audible snort at that thought. "Volunteer my butt. This is such a load of crap," he muttered out loud. "You listening to that, Major?" he said with a wry smile.

How was Alan going to take all this?

That probably bothered him most, and as he thought about that he very nearly missed his stop. Just getting out of the doors as they were closing, he shook his head again, something that was fast becoming habit it seemed. Jason climbed up to street level and walked the final two blocks home.

Now forty five minutes before noon, he tromped up to the second floor apartment he and his brother had and taking a deep breath, turned the key and walked in.

"Hey, Alan, I'm home early," he called out, closing the door behind him. "Where you at, bro? I have some rather big news."

Tokiwong

First Post
Mordane76 said:
"Sie sind korrekt; Sie werden nicht mich verletzen, es sei denn Sie etwas besser haben, Traummann," she says. She turns slightly, looking for the bottle of chianti. "Zeigen Sie sich. Während Sie bemüht sind, sich darzustellen, erhalte ich etwas, sich zu entspannen," she says, preparing to pour herself some more booze.

Translation:
1. You're right; you're not going to hurt me, unless you've have something better, dream man.
2. Show yourselves. While you're busy presenting yourselves, I'll get something to relax myself.

After a lengthy pause the lights turn on and Frida is looking at the young man of the young couple that was interested in a home earlier in the day. She glances behind her, and there is the young man’s wife smiling sweetly. The man speaks in German, “Good evening, may we speak then?”

Jason

Alan is crashed on the couch playing Xbox, he looks up with sigh, “Man what are you doing home so early? What if I was going to throw a big party, and all my girls were going to come over and get tipsy with me?”

Alan shouts out loudly, “Everybody in da club getting tipsy!” he smirks, “You would be killing my game. So what is this big news?”

Samantha

Todd seethes as the neighborhood comes outside to see the damage. The young girl gulps, “Umm thank you? I don’t know what else to say,” she looks around as the people watch, and she suddenly bounds off into the air far out of sight!

Todd swears, “My dad is going to kill me!”

Jennifer runs out and hugs Samantha, “You okay?”

Gordon

“Of course not, I am just surprised is all,” she replies back a little snippy, “and that sounds great honey. I am really happy for you, I just-” she pauses, “give me a second honey.”

Five minutes pass.

“Sorry I just got handed something, busy, busy; anyways I am sorry about that honey. Looks like they want me to work on some new project as well. So Barcelona, that is great, I am so happy for you honey!”

She pauses once more, “There back in my office, it has been crazy today. So what is it that you will be doing honey?”

Christopher

“Great,” Vera smiles, “so just follow the directions in the envelope and everything will be fine. This should be an exciting change of pace for you, don’t you think?”

She turns and exits the room, “Good bye, and best of luck.”

Jan

Jan does not pick up any TV or radio stations, but as his eyes focus he sees many figures moving about, and then things brighten and he finds himself in a classroom. His 8th grade classroom, and sitting in a chair is his old teacher Mrs. Weezelbottom, and sitting in a chair next to him is the first girl he ever kissed…

She looks down curiously, “Morning Jan, how are you?” she looks to be the age you last saw her, just a few years ago.

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
Jan does not pick up any TV or radio stations, but as his eyes focus he sees many figures moving about, and then things brighten and he finds himself in a classroom. His 8th grade classroom, and sitting in a chair is his old teacher Mrs. Weezelbottom, and sitting in a chair next to him is the first girl he ever kissed…
Oh bloody Hell, I don't think so. Jan remembered the metal floor and he wasn't falling for this one. Someone was mucking about here.

She looks down curiously, “Morning Jan, how are you?” she looks to be the age you last saw her, just a few years ago.
"Do you really think I'm going in for this?" Jan asked no one in particular. "I mean really you tipped your hand with the metal floor. Is this your first time at it?"

Mimic

First Post
Now that the situation is over, Samantha starts to shake and her knee's give out the only thing holding her up for a moment or two is Jennifer.

"Yea, I think so. That was just unbelieveable." Hugging her back.

Collecting herself she steps away from the hug. "Don't worry Todd, we will go and help you explain it to your dad. Jen, can you go in and phone the police, we are going to have to report this."

Once Jennifer goes into the house to phone the cops, Sam will move closer to Todd and whispers to him. "Before the cops get here, maybe you should make sure there is nothing in there that you wouldn't want them to find." She places her index finger and thumb together by her lips and pretends to take a drag.

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
"I'd be kickin' your butt if I showed up and you were tipsy," he says, halfheartedly returning the grin. The grin fades soon enough though. "I got recalled from the reserves," he says seriously. "Kind of."

He takes out the letter and taps it on his knee. "I even got a Presidential request. Bet you can guess why," he says, touching the wood of the chair and letting his skin take on its properties for a moment. "I'm supposed to be ready in 72 hours. I already had to leave my job. The government was already prepared for me to volunteer, too. They already have a place for you to move into while I'm gone, just across town. This sucks." He leans back in his chair with a sigh.

"Twenty million," he adds, letting his skin return to normal.

Synchronicity

First Post
Chistopher Jones

Tokiwong said:
Christopher

“Great,” Vera smiles, “so just follow the directions in the envelope and everything will be fine. This should be an exciting change of pace for you, don’t you think?”

She turns and exits the room, “Good bye, and best of luck.”

Christopher stands there for a moment, looking at the envelope. 'This is the greatest opportunity I'll ever have to understand these new powers I have. It may be the most important work of science this century. So why do I have this leaden feeling in my stomach?'

Chris sighs and opens the envelope, looking through its contents. 'And..how am I going to explain this to Kelly?'

Afterwards, unless the contents of the envelope contain things he needs to address immediately, he'll go and start tidying up his recent work, making it easy to reference and so on for whoever has to take over when he heads off to this 'undisclosed location.' Chris keeps checking his watch as he works, unsure whether he's looking forward to or dreading his lunch date with Kelly in light of what he's just been told.

Last edited:

Remove ads