• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elite: Year One - Issue #1

Mimic

First Post
Tokiwong said:
“So eyewitnesses on the scene say that this crash was caused by one of the… the… individuals with strange abilities. Miss may I have your name, and you story about what happened?” she says quickly.

"Uh, what? My name? Its Sam.. I mean Samantha," she says collecting herself. "As for what happened, it was an accident. We were just waiting for Jen to come back out and then the next thing we know this woman hit the car. She seemed pretty scared herself, she said that she couldn't stop from hitting us. She end the story with a shrug."

"How did you guys get her so quickly? I mean the cops aren't even here yet."

Last edited:

Samnell

Explorer
Jan feels a moment of confusion, but then all his tension flows out of him. He smiles.

Tokiwong said:
The woman smiles, “Jan how are you feeling?"
"Relaxed. Really quite completely relaxed." Jan says. It wasn't what he'd usually say, but the word just fit somehow. He looked around the room and saw every title on the bookcase was in Latin, but the incongruity didn't bother him in the slightest.

Jan walks up to Mrs. Weezelbottom and tries to look at her notes.

OOC: This could be interesting. :)

Rybaer

First Post
Tokiwong said:
She jokes, “But I have been thinking, and this may be a crazy idea, but go with me on this. How about we try and have a baby, after we get through this research debacle, I have been thinking that we should try and you know, have a family? I mean as normal as we could make it, besides with our genes our child is bound to be brilliant and beautiful… and I am sure your genes might contribute something as well…”

Gordon feels his heart skip a beat. A baby? Is she serious? Where did that come from? It's been well over a year since we even lived together.

"Wow," he says after a long pause. "A family. Honestly, I hadn't given it much thought. I'm sure all the kid would inherit from me would be my insatiable taste for Twinkies and the ability to take a drubbing in racquet ball. You are the geneticist, after all...so I'm sure you'd be stacking the chromosomes in your favor.

"Well, for what it's worth, I hope against all probability that we might end up working on something together. I do miss you, and lately my research just hasn't been doing it for me like it used to."

Mordane76

First Post
"Я не имею никакой clue вы говорите о. Я имел психотический эпизод требовал госпитализации, ничего больше. Я все еще терплю некоторое... переходные симптомы, но я отлично теперь," she says, taking a drink.

Translation:
I have no clue what you're talking about. I had a psychotic episode that required hospitalization, nothing more. I'm still suffering some... transient symptoms, but I'm fine now.

Last edited:

Synchronicity

First Post
Christopher Jones

Tokiwong said:
Kelly finally looks up from her article, "Huh, are you going to order?" she says apparently missing pretty much everything Chris spat out.

She looks down at the article she was reading, "I am getting something with low carbs... not sure what yet though..."

'She didn't hear a word I said! For God's sake!' Chris sighs and slams his palm on the table angrily. "Look, dammit Kelly, this is important! I'm going to be part of a UN team studying the powers people have been aquiring recently! That's not something that just comes up every day, unlike those damn magazines! Now look. This morning, I got told that tomorrow I have to leave town, and I don't know where I'll be going, or for how long. I thought maybe I should tell you, but I guess you don't really care."

Almost before he's finished speaking, Chris's anger fades, a contrite expression appearing on his face. "God, I'm sorry, Kelly. I didn't mean it. This's just caught me a little off guard. I didn't mean to go off at you like that." Chris massages his forehead and sighs. 'Dammit..this thing's got me totally on edge.'

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Mimic said:
"Uh, what? My name? Its Sam.. I mean Samantha," she says collecting herself. "As for what happened, it was an accident. We were just waiting for Jen to come back out and then the next thing we know this woman hit the car. She seemed pretty scared herself, she said that she couldn't stop from hitting us," She ends the story with a shrug.

"How did you guys get her so quickly? I mean the cops aren't even here yet."

The reporter replies, “We were following her from the air, some amazing footage,” she gets her composure, “Vicky Vale reporting here live on the scene where one of these special individuals demolished a vehicle and nearly killed two young Beverly Hills teens. As you can see from the damage to the vehicle, it is a miracle that both survived.”

She turns back to Samantha, “How do you feel after surviving such a near brush with death?”

Christopher

Kelly makes a look that could kill literally, “Oh…” she stands, “You know what when you are done acting crazy call me, I have never been so embarrassed Christopher. Where do you get off yelling at me like that?”

She starts to leave the café.

Frida

The woman speaks, “Please explain your symptoms, and are they physiological or purely psychological? Has this happened before or is this the first time?”

The man observes, but says nothing allowing the woman to speak.

Gordon

“Oh well we would have to wait till we have a much more stable family environment but you must consider it, Gordon. Besides even I have a biological clock,” she jokes.

“Well, I need to get back to work, if I am going to clear up all my work before my meeting tomorrow. It would be funny if we were on the same project, miss you honey, loves and kisses,” she says soothingly.

Jan

Mrs. Weezelbottom continues writing as Jan approaches right to left in an angular and methodical script of lines shapes, and designs. She does not do anything else but write, although her eyes are clearly looking at Jan.

The woman places a hand on Jan’s shoulder, “So is your curiosity satisfied?”

Jason

Alan goes back to playing Xbox, “Alright, whatever, I am just going to play my game, I got a season to win. I promise to go to school and stuff, you can continue to treat me like a little kid, or whatever, but I am almost grown and I can make my own decisions.”

Mimic

First Post
Tokiwong said:
She turns back to Samantha, “How do you feel after surviving such a near brush with death?”

"D...Death?" She says stuttering a little. "I won't say that we were close to being dead, I mean really it was just an accident... wait a minute, did you say live?"

"Please say no, please say no, please say no" Sam thinks as she realises that she is probably a mess and she starts to subconciously straighten her clothes

Synchronicity

First Post
Christopher Jones

Tokiwong said:
Christopher

Kelly makes a look that could kill literally, “Oh…” she stands, “You know what when you are done acting crazy call me, I have never been so embarrassed Christopher. Where do you get off yelling at me like that?”

She starts to leave the café.

'Bloody hell. Way to go, Chris. You should know by now that Kelly's one of the *last* people you should try and shout at.'

Chris darts after her, heedless of the interest his antics are no doubt drawing, putting a hand on her arm. (OOC: To clarify, literally just touching her arm, rather than grabbing it and actually arresting her movement.) As he moves, he shouts in a tone of mingled apology and urgency;
"Kelly, wait! Please! Look, I'm sorry, but this is really important! The way things are going, I don't know when I'll next have the chance to talk to you about this!"

Last edited:

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
Mrs. Weezelbottom continues writing as Jan approaches right to left in an angular and methodical script of lines shapes, and designs. She does not do anything else but write, although her eyes are clearly looking at Jan.

Amanda places a hand on Jan’s shoulder, “So is your curiosity satisfied?”
"Not quite yet. That looks interesting," Jan says. "What's it all about? I don't recognize the script at all. Is it what we're doing tomorrow?" Jan leaned in to give the writing a closer look.

"You know your Czech is very good. I didn't know you spoke it," Jan tells Amanda absently.

OOC: Mind if I add a few embellishments to the illusion? I figure it's all coming from Jan's memories and he thinks it's a dream, so there's probably lots of free association going on.

This is quite the challenge. Jan's naturally curious and pretty skeptical (he's a lot more like me than Mark is :)), but on some level he gets that this is a very relaxing dream. So I'm trying to balance his questioning personality with some kind of acceptance of dream-style logic.

Last edited:

Remove ads