Elite: Year One - Issue #1

Calinon

First Post
Alan goes back to playing Xbox, “Alright, whatever, I am just going to play my game, I got a season to win. I promise to go to school and stuff, you can continue to treat me like a little kid, or whatever, but I am almost grown and I can make my own decisions.”
"You just don't get it," Jason says, still frustrated. "Alright, whatever, just make sure you are packed and ready to move by the end of tomorrow," he says, walking into his room and tossing his jacket on the bed. He figured the military would move all his stuff out for him. Three days wasn't enough time to get that all done on his own. All he'd have to do is pack clothes and whatever else he wanted to take.

"That would be clothes," he says aloud, glancing at his engineering texts.

Changing from his work clothes, he pulls on an old pair of jeans and a t-shirt before picking up a phone to cancel his courses for the rest of the semester and finds himself getting more and more frustrated as he did.

"Guess I should go down and see about renting a bay from that place down the street to store my crap in," he says aloud to get himself moving before he started to mope about uselessly. At least whoever moved his stuff would have a place to put it then. Pulling on some running shoes, he heads for the door and walks out, not really feeling like talking at his brother again.

Rybaer

First Post
Tokiwong said:
“Oh well we would have to wait till we have a much more stable family environment but you must consider it, Gordon. Besides even I have a biological clock,” she jokes.

"Well, it's not that I haven't considered it," he says. "It's just that it seems like such a distant and abstract concept given the way we've been living and focused on our careers lately. I promise to give it some more thought, though."

Tokiwong said:
“Well, I need to get back to work, if I am going to clear up all my work before my meeting tomorrow. It would be funny if we were on the same project, miss you honey, loves and kisses,” she says soothingly.

"Back to work!?" Gordon looks at his watch - 17:55. "Isn't it like, almost 9 o'clock in your part of the world? Don't you sleep?

"Anyway, I guess I'll let'cha go then. Maybe we can exchange notes tomorrow night on how our meetings went? Love ya."

Gordon sets the phone down and turns up the volume on the television. His mind wanders back and forth between Lauren, the new project, and Futurama. Before the comet, he'd have been working late at the lab or pouring over technical journals. Physics no longer holds the sense of wonder and mystery it once did.

He glances over at the box of Twinkies sitting on top of the fridge. He extends his arm toward it and folds space, teleporting the box to his waiting hand. "Dinner..." he says and turns his attention fully over to the television while unwrapping the golden sponge with practised ease.

Tokiwong

First Post
Synchronicity said:
'Bloody hell. Way to go, Chris. You should know by now that Kelly's one of the *last* people you should try and shout at.'

Chris darts after her, heedless of the interest his antics are no doubt drawing, putting a hand on her arm. (OOC: To clarify, literally just touching her arm, rather than grabbing it and actually arresting her movement.) As he moves, he shouts in a tone of mingled apology and urgency;
"Kelly, wait! Please! Look, I'm sorry, but this is really important! The way things are going, I don't know when I'll next have the chance to talk to you about this!"

Kelly pauses outside the entrance of the café and turns to Christopher, “Alright, so you’re doing something superpowers, and you are going to be gone for some undetermined amount of time, am I correct?”

She rubs her temples, “Well, I don’t know what you want me to say?” she says coolly still upset, “But I am happy for you, I know how much your work means to you.”

Jason

Alan is still playing as Jason leaves and heads to the storage facility down the street. The door is open for business as Jason approaches. Finding storage is pretty easy, especially since they assume Jason is deploying overseas to Iraq or some other god forsaken locale.

After handling that bit of business and any other errands Jason heads back to his home, in the darkness of the evening and sees Alan sitting on the stoop of the house with some girl, Jason did not recognize. She looked to be about Alan’s age and looked to be of mixed ancestry, Chinese and African American.

Gordon

Gordon enjoys late night television with his golden treats with creamy filling. Before he knows it, he drifts off to sleep. When he comes to, it is about three hours later and a half-eaten Twinkie sits in his hand.

On the television screen is an interview on CNN, between a young woman and a suave and sophist aced looking Spaniard. The name on the bottom of the screen is Hidalgo Valdez. Gordon catches him in mid-sentence, “… So as I have explained I am one of these new humans for lack of a better word. Though I suppose I am one of the few, one of the elite that have been gifted with these abilities. It saddens me though that cases of discrimination and fear are already brewing across the world. But I have been prompted to be the first activist to promote civil relations between my peers and the rabble of humanity.”

Hidalgo pauses for a moment to drink some water and then continues, “You see my ideas are simple; we are the true inheritors of the Earth. Evolution has leapt forward once again, and in time mankind will find that he is outclassed in every category. But this does not mean that we are here to dominate baselines, no. Indeed we are here to lead the baselines into a paradise; I promise you. In ten years this world will be a far different place; and it will be because of us.”

The interviewer smiles, “Why thank you Mr. Valdez, now we have to take a commercial break.” The screen is filled with a commercial for some male enhancement product…

Samantha

Vicky smiles, “Why yes we are live right now, is there anything else you want to say about this incident?” the rest of the crowd watches as Samantha scrambles for an answer and tries to make herself look presentable. The police arrive and are already talking with Todd and Jennifer.

Jan

Amanda replies, “Well consider it a language, Jan. But this isn’t so much about your dream,” she holds up a light bulb, “but about your new abilities. Have you explored just what you can do with them?”

Mrs. Weezelbottom continues to write, although her eyes are always on Jan and Amanda.

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
Amanda replies, “Well consider it a language, Jan. But this isn’t so much about your dream,” she holds up a light bulb, “but about your new abilities. Have you explored just what you can do with them?”
"Well I can light up one of those," Jan points to the lightbulb. "And give off a pretty good charge. Or control one if I know it's there. And getting shocked only fixes my hurts. I can drain out currents too."

"And just between the two of us I can fly like the TGV, but I've never done that in the field.

Mimic

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Vicky smiles, “Why yes we are live right now, is there anything else you want to say about this incident?”

Sam stares at the camera for a moment with a "deer in the headlights" look before looking back towards the reporter.

"Your on stage, this is a play, nothing more..." She thinks to herself as she trys to not look like a complete idiot. "Just to say again that it was an accident. I'm certain that she didn't mean to do it." Calmer now that she composed herself she adds, "I should go give my statement to the police now."

she will head towards were Jennifer is standing, once there she will check to make sure the camera still isn't on her, if it isn't she will grab the girl by the arm to get her attention.

"OHMYGOD, OHMYGOD, OHMYGOD. I was just interviewed on LIVE television and I was a complete idiot, I can't believe this." She tells her tears starting to slide down her face, whether its an after-effect of the crash or because of the interveiw is hard to tell.

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
Pizza first, then I better phone Grandpa, Jason thinks to himself. Then he spots Alan and his friend.

"Wow," Jason says as he approaches. "You don't melt when you go outside. I was beginning to wonder. Who's your friend?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Calinon said:
"Wow," Jason says as he approaches. "You don't melt when you go outside. I was beginning to wonder. Who's your friend?"

Alan pauses, “Yeah this is my friend Alicia, and I was going to tell you about her. Eventually. She is pretty cool, right Alicia?”

Alicia smiles, “Yeah, but not as cool as you,” she says smiling to Jason. She brushes her hair back with a coy smile, “I am pleased to meet you, Jason.”

Jason hears a car screech to a halt in front of his home. A black sedan, with tinted windows is present and the smell of burnt rubber is evident in the air. The door swings open quickly.

Samantha

Jennifer holds her, “Relax Sam I am sure it wasn’t that bad. I am sure you looked fine, I am just worried about you. Have you seen Todd’s car, it is good thing you were thrown from it, you could have died.”

Jan

Amanda nods, “Show me,” she hands the light bulb to Jan, with a sweet smile.

Mimic

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Jennifer holds her, “Relax Sam I am sure it wasn’t that bad. I am sure you looked fine, I am just worried about you. Have you seen Todd’s car, it is good thing you were thrown from it, you could have died.”

Sniffling slightly Sam wipes away the tears with the back of her hand. "No actually, its been so crazy that I didn't get a good look at it. How much damage was there?" She says looking around to see if she can see it.

"What did you guys tell the cops anyways?"

Calinon

First Post
Jason is startled by the suddenness of the car's movement. Seeing the sedan with tinted windows he rolls his eyes. "Come on guys," he says angrily, taking a step towards the car. "I have another two days to get things done! Jeeze," he says, wrinkling his nose. "You guys actually needed to leave that much... rubber down," he says, his mind cluing in to another possibility. He glances at the driver, hoping now to see someone either in a suit or military fatigues.

Rybaer

First Post
Gordon watches the television interview with interest and repulsion.

Lead the baselines to paradise...indeed. This guy sounds like he's got a messiah complex. I really hope more people like him don't fan the flames of intolerance between those with powers and those not. Could turn pretty ugly.

Gordon finishes his half-eaten Twinkie and clicks off the television before he has to endure any more of the interview. He heads to bed in hopes of getting some quality sleep before tomorrow's meeting.

Remove ads