Elite: Year One - Issue #1

Calinon

First Post
"Have you lost your bloody mind?!" Jason shouts in surprise, jamming his left hand into his jean pocket and making a grab for the gun with his right. "She's a kid for gods sake!" he yells at the older man as he tries to absorb the strength of the metal in his keys in time to help him rip the gun from the Major's grasp.

Come on Alan, Run! he thinks to himself as he moves forward. Gotta keep the others in the car. Turn to metal, turn to metal, he wills himself, planning on kicking the bottom of the car frame as hard as he can to flip it over and keep the men starting to exit within.

Synchronicity

First Post
Christopher Jones

Tokiwong said:
Kelly pauses outside the entrance of the café and turns to Christopher, “Alright, so you’re doing something superpowers, and you are going to be gone for some undetermined amount of time, am I correct?”

She rubs her temples, “Well, I don’t know what you want me to say?” she says coolly still upset, “But I am happy for you, I know how much your work means to you.”

Chris's face falls at Kelly's words. 'I was afraid she'd react like this. Not that I can really blame her.' "I..I don't know. Just that...Kelly, it's true that my work's important to me. But this is bigger than that. These strange new powers that peope have been manifesting - our world is changing. And these changes could have huge implications. With such powers available to what appears to be arbitrarily selected people, don't you see that we have to try and learn more about them? Try and understand them? That's what I'm being asked to help with. And I think that's something worth doing. I know we've never seen eye-to-eye on my work..but please try to understand why I have to do this. You..you know I wouldn't just leave unless...unless I really believed that what I was leaving to do was incredibly important." Having said his piece, Chris awaits Kelly's response, his face apprehensive but resolute.

'Hell, *I* don't know why having Kelly understand why I'm doing this is important. But apparently some part of me thinks it is.'

Tokiwong

First Post
Synchronicity said:
Chris's face falls at Kelly's words. 'I was afraid she'd react like this. Not that I can really blame her.' "I..I don't know. Just that...Kelly, it's true that my work's important to me. But this is bigger than that. These strange new powers that peope have been manifesting - our world is changing. And these changes could have huge implications. With such powers available to what appears to be arbitrarily selected people, don't you see that we have to try and learn more about them? Try and understand them? That's what I'm being asked to help with. And I think that's something worth doing. I know we've never seen eye-to-eye on my work..but please try to understand why I have to do this. You..you know I wouldn't just leave unless...unless I really believed that what I was leaving to do was incredibly important." Having said his piece, Chris awaits Kelly's response, his face apprehensive but resolute.

'Hell, *I* don't know why having Kelly understand why I'm doing this is important. But apparently some part of me thinks it is.'

“I see that you want to know more about them,” she looks at Chris for a lengthy pause before she sighs. She wraps her arms around him and hugs him close, “I hate you know, you make me angry and happy all at the same time. I know this is a dream come true for you Chris; just don’t forget about me…”

Jason

Initiative: Jason 21, Agents (3) 21, Charles 17, Unknown 11. Round 1, Jason give me your actions with rules and all that so we can get this party started!

Frida

“Of course,” the woman smiles, “You are afraid, or perhaps cautious and paranoid at our appearance. It was assumed that this appearance would be more pleasing to your eye; but perhaps we have underestimated your mettle, would you prefer our more natural forms?”

Jan

“Of course not, but perhaps you could use your power in a more direct display?” she walks outside onto the playground and floats up onto the roof, landing lightly as she looks down, “you said you could fly yes?”

Samantha

“Tell me about it, without wheels Todd just isn’t that cool anymore,” she sighs, “but I am not going to write him off yet. Maybe his dad will get the car fixed… or just pony up and buy him a new one.”

“So tell me,” as the two girls get up into Jennifer’s room, “what was it like meeting one of those people?”

Gordon

Gordon is up early, the neighbor’s dog barking loudly although he is never quite sure at what. He tends to wake Gordon up consistently at about five in the morning. Everything is as it was, but there is a voice mail on his phone…

Synchronicity

First Post
Christopher Jones

Tokiwong said:
“I see that you want to know more about them,” she looks at Chris for a lengthy pause before she sighs. She wraps her arms around him and hugs him close, “I hate you know, you make me angry and happy all at the same time. I know this is a dream come true for you Chris; just don’t forget about me…”

Chris returns the hug, feeling relieved, unhappy and guilty all at the same time. "I don't think you've got anything to worry about. There's no way I'm going to forget you. And Kelly..thank you. For understanding." Chris just hugs her in silence for a few moments. "You know that I'll stay in contact as much as I can. I don't know when I'l have the chance to call you, but I will as soon as I get one." Chris pulls away slightly and looks at Kelly, though he doesn't break the embrace. He speaks gently, a tentative smile on his face."What do you want to do now? I figure I can stretch my break to an hour or so...it's not like they're going to fire me after this morning, so I guess for the moment I'm all yours."

Calinon

First Post
OOC: Rules... lesse.... Rule #1: Jason should always win :p

Re-rolls on saves
Willpower: Dice roll of 12 or less
Reflex: Dice roll of 16 or less for powers, none for trip effects, 12 or less against the dazzle power
Fortitude: Dice roll of 14 or less
Damage (ranged): Dice roll of 15 or less without protection, 10 or less with
Damage (melee): Dice roll of 17 or less without protection, 14 or less with

In the case of melee, add 1 for each level of protection below 8 he has, up to a maximum of a 17 dice roll.

Unless of course I state otherwise. Now, as for the round... dang, I wasn't looking forward to actual combat. :heh:

Actions: Um.. he's not really good at fighting sooo..

1. A desperate attempt to change into the material of his keys and keyring, whatever hardness that becomes. That I leave up to you, since that's going to be variable I'd say. I don't have my book but I think that's a half action?

2. First and foremost past that, he'll make a grab for the gun being pointed at the kids, trying to either yank it out of the Major's hand or jam a hand in the firing pin. He'll use a hero point to re-roll that attack if it isn't a natural 20.

3. If he still has any actions left, he'll kick the car as hard as he can to either flip it or send it spinning away to give the kids time to escape.

Yeah, pretty much what I said I was doing above :)

Rybaer

First Post
Gordon peers out his bedroom window with bleary eyes. It's dark and he can see neither the barking dog nor anything worth barking at. Probably bored.

He stumbles out into the living room and clicks on the television, turning it to one of the cable news networks to start the morning ritual of returning to reality. He notes the blinking light indicating that he has voicemail, but leaves it for a moment to get the coffee going.

Gordon looks longingly at the box of Twinkies. Breakfast of champions? He talks himself out of it and settles on a container of cherry yogurt. Food in hand and satisfied that the coffee is on its way, he decides to check his voicemail...curious to see who would have bothered to leave a message over night.

Mordane76

First Post
"Теперь мы получаем где-то. Уверено - препятствуйте нам увидеть вы населяете реально взгляд как," Frida says. "Я выпит, поэтому если вы не посмотреть как что-то из романа ужаса, я думаю я может принять его."

Translation:
1. Now we're getting somewhere. Sure - let's see what you people really look like.
2. I'm drunk, so unless you look like something out of a horror novel, I think I can take it.

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
“Of course not, but perhaps you could use your power in a more direct display?” she walks outside onto the playground and floats up onto the roof, landing lightly as she looks down, “you said you could fly yes?”
"Couldn't hurt," Jan a bit hesitantly floats himself up.

Mimic

First Post
"I thought you and Todd were into each other, you thinking of dumping him?" Sam asks as they head towards the house.

When Jennifer asks her the other question she just shrugs slightly, sitting down crosslegged on her bed. "I dunno, she seemed normal. She was pretty freaked out by what she did and its not like she had any tenticles or stuff like that..."

Sam chews on her lower lip for a moment as if coming to a decision. "Jen," she asks quietly, "what would you do if you suddenly had some of those strange abilities or if someone in your family suddenly got them."

Tokiwong

First Post
Mimic said:
"I thought you and Todd were into each other, you thinking of dumping him?" Sam asks as they head towards the house.

"Sure, but if he does not have a car, he really isn't all that useful... besides Jason just got an Expedition from his parents, and I know he wants me," Jennifer replies with a sly grin, "but I am not sure yet."

Mimic said:
When Jennifer asks her the other question she just shrugs slightly, sitting down crosslegged on her bed. "I dunno, she seemed normal. She was pretty freaked out by what she did and its not like she had any tenticles or stuff like that..."

"So she seemed normal?" she asks somewhat surprised.

Mimic said:
Sam chews on her lower lip for a moment as if coming to a decision. "Jen," she asks quietly, "what would you do if you suddenly had some of those strange abilities or if someone in your family suddenly got them."

“I don’t know, the powers seem kind of cool, I mean just think of the things you could do. Like flying, or read minds, school would be a breeze then. I think it would be fun, I mean why not benefit from he powers?” Jennifer replies with a shrug, “How about you?”

Jan

“That is incredible, you are so gifted, is there anything you can’t do with your powers?” she asks playfully. She gives Jan a big hug, “I mean it seems like you can do anything!”

Jan feels a sharp pain in his side.

Frida

The woman cocks her head as it grows elongated and gray, with her almond eyes replaced by black oval like orbs that stare at Frida unblinkingly. Her mouth is a thin slit, and her frame is slight, and muscular, and her overall height is just under five feet now.

She speaks, “We are visitors and are curious of your nature… and perhaps find the root of this abnormalities and remove it as painfully as possible. Your species is not advanced enough to handle such powers responsibly.”

Jason

Initiative: Jason 21, Agents (3) 21, Charles 17, Unknown 11.

Jason turns to a soft metal but definitely tough enough to withstand small arms fire. He tries to grab the pistol from Charles. In a surprising show of agility and ability he snatches the pistol from Charles.

Charles blinks somewhat surprised at the chain of events. He finally speaks, “You really screwed up hard solider…”

Jason rolls a 5 for the disarm attack; a Hero Point is used and Jason gets a 23. Charles gets a 20 and he is disarmed.

The agents fan out and are torn between shooting on Jason and their target and ultimately wait for the order from Charles before acting any further. Charles dashes away from Jason with more speed then someone his size should be able to muster; he draws a second pistol as he rolls to a shooting position and draws a bead on Alan and the girl, as she screams in fear.

*FZOOT!*

The silencer keeps the sound to a minimum as both Alan and the girl go down with a spray of blood. Charles stays on his knees training his weapon forward…

Gordon

The message is from his wife, “Good luck honey!” is all she says. Then there is a knock at the door.

Christopher

The two share a wonderful lunch, and then a wonderful evening together as Chris gets ready for his trip on the morrow. By the morning, he is up getting ready when there is a knock at his door, and the sound of a vehicle in the driveway.

Remove ads