ENWorld Fantasy Basketball 2005-06 (Sign up now!)

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
LINK: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/6046
LEAGUE ID: 6046
LEAGUE NAME: ENWorld
LEAGUE PASSWORD: enworld0506

I'm gonna do this before it slips my mind... since nobody else has yet started a thread, I'll do it, and play "commissioner" again this year.

Yahoo Fantasy Basketball usually opens for business on October 1st, so I'm going to post this now to try to get everyone signed up and ready and rarin' to go prior to October 1st and can jump right into the action. If you're interested, please come in and claim a team... first come, first served. I would like no fewer than 12 and no more than 15 teams (though last year we had a little trouble even filling to 12).

This does not involve gambling. It does not cost money. It's 100% free and just for fun (and bragging rights).

We will draft using the pre-rank/autodraft option unless there is a huge uproar; I will wait until (a) everyone tells me they have pre-ranked their players or (b) until one week prior to the season opener (whichever comes first) then tell Yahoo to automatically draft based on your player draft ranking.

Last year we used a "messageboard draft" and while that gave greater control over teams, it also seemed to put a damper on trading, and I think the early flurry of trades you need to get your team balanced is a good way to sustain interest in the league. Besides, entering players in manually is a huge PITA. I don't want to do it again, sorry. :(

ONE OTHER CHANGE FROM "DEFAULT" RULES: AWOL owners will have their lineups filled in case of injury or simply leaving a spot open for over a week or so. This will be done in an arbitrary manner, by using Yahoo's "last month" ranking to fill slots and putting together the combination that puts the ten highest-rated players possible into the empty slots. I will make an announcement to the league that this is coming a couple of days before doing it so as to offer the owner the chance to "say he's alive and go un-AWOL" and/or have some league discussion as to what lineup would be best. This is to make sure that teams use most of their games... having teams miss 150 games due to inactivity really fouls up the standings.

Assuming Yahoo uses the same general options as last season, we'll use the following settings (or as close as possible thereunto):

Max Teams: 15
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2 days
Trade End Date: (One week after NBA Trade Deadline)
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Max Games Played: 82
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, DL
Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

If you wish to argue that any of these settings should be changed, please do so below. I know people often complain about how tough it is to fill two center spots. :)

Questions? Comments? Ask away! And sign up!

--The Sigil

OWNER ROSTER (will be edited to add owners as teams are claimed):
1 - The Sigil (Skyhawks)
2 - Black Omega (Tokyo Samurai)
3 - LeapingShark (Shark's Jawz)
4 - Mistwell (Mistwell Maulers)
5 - John Crichton (JC's Browncoats)
6 - Krug (Dwarven Stormhammers)
7 - Agamon (Aggy's Slam Kings)
8 - Reapersaurus (Reaper's Raptors)
9 - Mista Collins (Mista's Maniacs)
10 - Kajamba Lion (King Philip's War)

For reference, here's the 2004-05 thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=100213 CHAMPIONS: Skyhawks (The Sigil)
And the 2003-04 thread: http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60587 CHAMPIONS: Tokyo Samurai (Black Omega)
And the 2002-03 thread: http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27763 CHAMPIONS: Mistwell's Maulers (Mistwell)

Last edited:

LeapingShark

First Post
I think there was a change in NBA rules due to the collective bargaining agreement that will get rid of "Injured Lists", so that may spice things up abit. I'm sure Yahoo will make any necessary adjustments.

The nba's stars organized a benefit game for hurricane relief last Sunday. The pros are playing, so basketball season has officially arrived!

Sept 11, Houston

Before a crowd of 11,416 that virtually filled the arena up to the closed upper bowl, the West Stars defeated the East, 114-95, in a wide-open, high-flying affair that had three free throws and 53 3-pointers.

The star was Rockets All-Star swingman Tracy McGrady, who scored 21 points and ended the game by engaging in a 3-point shooting contest with Washington Wizards All-Star guard Gilbert Arenas.

McGrady made a 26-footer that was matched by Arenas. McGrady sank a 30-footer, but Arenas missed from that distance. McGrady then tried a half-court shot that bounced off the rim.

New Orleans Hornets forward J.R. Smith ended the festivities with a windmill dunk.

Tickets were priced at $300 (courtside), $35, $25 and $15, with all proceeds going to the relief cause. Evacuees were admitted free.

Before the game, the players distributed truckloads of their donated goods and supplies to shelters throughout the Houston area. Items will include food, clothing, water, toiletries and other basic necessities.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Given I had a subscription to the other thread where we were already discussing this year's fantasy game, I missed this. Sorry I'm late.

Mistwell Maulers is in, as usual.

I vote we auto-draft this year rather than individually pick. The decrease in trades resulting from individually picking hurt them fun of playing, in my opinion.

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
LeapingShark said:
I think there was a change in NBA rules due to the collective bargaining agreement that will get rid of "Injured Lists", so that may spice things up abit. I'm sure Yahoo will make any necessary adjustments.

The nba's stars organized a benefit game for hurricane relief last Sunday. The pros are playing, so basketball season has officially arrived!
So, do you want in again this year, LeapingShark? ;)

Remove ads