D&D 5E Epic Level Monster Hunters Revival

Trogdor1992

First Post
I'm thinking with some of the things you'll face things will hopefully stay fresh and fun. You might be more powerful than normal but does it really help if you're fighting more powerful and badass monsters?

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Thateous

Explorer
I can't remember what exactly I bought or how much money we were given to purchase stuff but I remember enough of it. +2 studded, elixir of health x2, carpet of flying, handy haversack, quiver of elona and I cant remember beyond that but I think that's good enough. I know I had trained in Thieves tools, herbalism, and poisoners kits but beyond that I don't know.

Leif

Adventurer
Not really, actually. 5e is much more forgiving of subpar stats. His roll is only 1 point less than standard/point buy (26). Depending on race, he could have a 15 and a 14 to start. I've made off-race characters like that.

But up to him, in the end.

Yeah, going with the stats as rolled, (still in progress) and it's not as bad I first feared. But thanks, Trogdor, for giving me the out.

I've decided, take a feat AND your Stat increase every four class levels, rather than one or the other

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Hmm. You're the GM, but I feel like that'd be a mistake. It would dramatically increase the already extremely high potency of the characters. I know this was always considered to be a high power game, but...that feels like a bit much to me. :)

For reference purposes, Seelia would gain 2 more feats (for the two ASIs she took) and sufficient ASIs to raise her Con to 20 and her Wis to 18...giving her 4 out of 6 stats maxed or nearly maxed.

I have to agree with Sharuri and Neurotic on this one. I'll be ok, really.

Remove ads