epic: still alive or death [Closed]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Rhun said:
I'd be interested. However, I'd want some level of assurance that the game was going to run for a decent amount of time. Designing an epic level PC takes a lot of effort, and it wouldn't be worth it if the game died after a month, like a large amount of PbP games tend to.
Could not have said it better myself.

Just for starters I am thinking of playing a Warforged with something like (2 Fig / 3 bard/ 5 WF Juggernaunt / 10 Freinzied Berserker). If we go higher than 20 than I might dip into War Hulk.

Or might I go Psion depending on what is allowed.

-Blood

Rino

First Post
well there is enough interest. but my schedule filled up so i dont have the time build the campaign any further. so please be patient......

since building a epic character takes a lot of time i'll give the requirments for the character now.

ECL 27
Pc wealth of 27th level
28 point buy
PHB and MM1 races allowed of course, other races case by case review

Books:
Core books
Complete serie
Races of serie
Epic level handbook (with 3.5 update)
Faith & Pantheons (FR book)
All other books will be viewed at case by case

Restrictions:
No psionics, I don’t have the books and never used them
Max 1 intelligent item each

Custom rules:
Clerics get automatic proficiency with their deity’s favored weapon.
No mass damage
No custom epic spells
Die rolling will be done with invisible castle but I don’t link to the roll in the post.
Role a 1, is not a automatic miss but a -20 on the roll

Pyrex

First Post
I've got concepts, what I'm looking for is enough info to narrow them down. ;)

Will the PC's be working together, seperate but in parallel, or in opposition to each other?

Is there some large goal the PC's will be tracking towards (fending off an attacking [extraplanar?, undead?, monstrous?] army, defeating a BBEG, etc), or are you looking to provide a sandbox and expect PC's to make their own fun?

Are you looking for typical adventurers, or characters who wield political power (heads of state/church, etc) in addition to "simple" martial power?

Vertexx69

First Post
A concept I was just toying with was a half-fiend or half-dragon Dryder; ranger 6/ sorcerer 1/ arcane archer 6 or 7, but had a couple questions.

Since all dryders started out as dark elves, would they still be able to be arcane archers and would they be able to use things like the elven greatbow to its full advantage?

Can specific weapons/armor etc. be further enchanted? ie: Sunblade, elven chain etc.

Would an adamantine shield give the DR from it's coresponding weight (light or heavy)?

Can we use the doublecast aternate rule to give an item 2 powers (for double the price)?
ie: take a Ghost Gauntlet price 68,500gp then add the Rust ability to it for twice the price (11,500X2).

Last edited:

Remove ads