• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erekose's Savage Tide Adventure Path [Players Selected]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Verbatim said:
I honestly wanted to let him have the last word, but I had to respond just to be able to sit down and shut up, without losing all face of course..:)
I have a feeling this all could have been avoided if everyone had just let Erekose have Lavinia respond to Alix without us being able to post a time spike with like ten minutes of discussion where she can't get a word in edgewise--realistically, she would have probably spoken just after Alix, giving him the lead-in he wanted...one of the weaknesses of PbP--you can't stop people from posting interjections until the post is already finished and if the GM isn't fast, you can get some weird results.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Verbatim said:
Ah man...now only Manz and Tereg is going to get offered a job...*L*
Eh, Alix should be fine with +13 Diplomacy, and he's decided to bring Nathan with him out of the mire. He would be most pleased if Jerrell didn't receive a job offer, though.

But...I don't know if I like having this sort of tension--think we could work out a retcon so that Lavinia can talk without all this hubbub?

Velmont

First Post
Yeah, but Nathan answer and Alix replies and Nathan adds something as he didn't wanted to lose face and Jerrell lost patience (hey, I needed to show he was clumsy in such environment)... shits happen.

Verbatim

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Eh, Alix should be fine with +13 Diplomacy, and he's decided to bring Nathan with him out of the mire. He would be most pleased if Jerrell didn't receive a job offer, though.

Yeah..but all metagame included, if he doesn't get a job...who is going to be offered as the meat snack, er shield, to the dino?

Verbatim

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:

But...I don't know if I like having this sort of tension--think we could work out a retcon so that Lavinia can talk without all this hubbub?

Either we roll if E13 wants, or we can retcon..I am easy either way. I liked the interplay, even with the outburst, but whatever makes the flow better I am fine with..:)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Verbatim said:
Yeah..but all metagame included, if he doesn't get a job...who is going to be offered as the meat snack, er shield, to the dino?
I don't want my character to want his character dead, though, you know? And right now, if Lavinia stabbed Jerrell to death, Alix would bring her the handkerchief to wipe off the blood (his Chaotic Neutral alignment with Good tendencies is best represented by the fact that he is kind to his friends and to faceless strangers, and he'll usually help when help is needed, but once you cross him and become an enemy, he's ruthless).

Rystil Arden

First Post
Verbatim said:
Either we roll if E13 wants, or we can retcon..I am easy either way. I liked the interplay, even with the outburst, but whatever makes the flow better I am fine with..:)
It definitely has elements of comedy to it--it's almost like a scene in the dark corner of a tavern where two power players (Alix and Lavinia) play a shadow game of manipulation while a canny third (our faen friend) looks on....and then, random outbursts from the blithely unaware guy interrupt it :lol:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
LOL :lol:

Diplomacy roll of 21 with a +1...
I still beat you though--rolled 11 :lol: Would have won taking 10 ;) Both of those are rather high, though--I'd imagine both parties come off looking blameless (and Nathan comes along for the ride because Alix wanted to cover him)

Verbatim

Explorer
I can hear the Days of Our Lives music playing now guys..or the theme song from MTVs Real World STAP...the two "noble" people just got their proverbial pud kicked in the dirt and the uncouth sailor looked like the daisy.

Nobody ever said being lvl 1 heroes was gonna be easy..

And RA I do track what you are saying about right now Alix thinking Jerrell would make some fine fish bait, but it will make interesting interplay between the two of you to resolve it. Luckily I hear there is a priest in the house to keep you guys healed up until it happens. Just don't forget to tip...:)

Remove ads