Erekose's Savage Tide Adventure Path [Players Selected]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Verbatim said:
So it is looking like a retcon is in our near future, I guess now we just need to know if the cut off is the moment RA spoke, allowing Lavinia to answer his statement while the rest of us take our seats.
That works for me! :)

Erekose13

Explorer
Okay all, I've decided to go ahead with the retcon. I hope that you don't all feel like I'm trying to manipulate the game to suit my story. If that is the case please let me know here, in PM, or email. I don't want to offend anyone with this.

I am going to reply to Alix's introduction to Lavinia. I'll take it from the post just after that (Julian complimenting Lavinia) and ignore the posts between then and my rather abrupt speech. Nathan's reply will not count and he can feel free to interject after Lavinia has replied. Look forward to a new post today and hopefully some renewed vigor to the game :)

Thank you all for understanding.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Okay all, I've decided to go ahead with the retcon. I hope that you don't all feel like I'm trying to manipulate the game to suit my story. If that is the case please let me know here, in PM, or email. I don't want to offend anyone with this.

I am going to reply to Alix's introduction to Lavinia. I'll take it from the post just after that (Julian complimenting Lavinia) and ignore the posts between then and my rather abrupt speech. Nathan's reply will not count and he can feel free to interject after Lavinia has replied. Look forward to a new post today and hopefully some renewed vigor to the game :)

Thank you all for understanding.
Personally, I'm not offended in the slightest--if anything, you're trying to help smooth things over where we, the players, made a tear in the plot--and I'm sure we understand how delicate these things are at the very beginning edges. Better GMs than I have had to make minor retcons before, and I know I've done them plenty of times too--it's the nature of the medium that disconnects in time and/or perception can occur and ramify far longer before they can be stopped.

Verbatim

Explorer
Second what RA said and have snipped the excess posts. If any of you guys know a mod, feel free to have them come in and trim them up all the way to remove them, so it looks smooth and polished.

Erekose13

Explorer
Castle Teraknian is in Sassarine, near the noble district on an island of its own. I'll double check the info I have on it and post known info and a Know (nobility and/or local).

Velmont

First Post
What Jerrell knows about the harbormaster, Vark and the Blue Nixie? As a guy who lives in the Azur district, he most likely had a chance to learn something about all that... now, can he remember anything, that's another thing.

Manzanita

First Post
Rystil, we've already had to retcon this once. I would prefer that you keep Alix's thoughts to himself. He's constantly insulting and belittling the other characters. I don't think this does any good for the team, or for the players. He's clearly a jerk, but if the other characters must know this, then let them base this only on his words and actions, not his thoughts. If you simply must post his thoughts, please do so in sblocks, as I, for one, am not interested in reading them.

Rystil Arden

First Post
I wouldn't call Alix a jerk--he's loyal to his friends and generally respectful of worthy adversaries. He does have a pet peeve of when associates of his make him look bad by association.

As for thoughts, I thought that the general style was to post them in italic single-quotes? I know Velmont does this too with Jerrell, for instance, and it's interesting for me as a player to read them to see where the character is coming from.

In any case, at least from my end, I don't think we're even close to another faux pas like the first time (that was bad timing and escalation due to multiple characters acting simultaneously).

I'm hoping and expecting we'll all work together well smoothly as a team soon--once the characters know each other, it should be easier. In that way, we suffer slightly from acting now without being able to brainstorm a plan together, and we're also in a somewhat tacit first-impression situation where Alix doesn't want to make any of the others look bad, so if he disagrees or thinks that a course of action is poor, he has to keep it in his head unless something is so catastrophic that he must intervene.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Rystil-- I just don't really like you assuming what -my- character will do. Period. I understand that Alix is a bit of an arrogant jerk, but when in play you simply assume we follow along you're not really letting me respond, or really react. My char is still my char, not really an NPC, y'know?

Remove ads