• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feng Shuit Campaign (Closed)

Someone

Adventurer
Velmont said:
Feng Shui is Action Movie RPG, not a Manga RPG.

Yes, but the kind of movies that are several action sequences and "the things that go between action sequences", and those are usually incredible coincidences with high melodramatic value, though that shouldn´t steal too much time for what it matter (kicking and shooting guys in improbable scenarios) It´s for what the game works well, and why I like it.

BTW, if anyone still haven´t read six in the chamber, the Dr Midnight´s Feng Shui story hour, he should do RIGHT NOW. [look for it here]

Last edited:

rbingham2000

Explorer
Velmont said:
Feng Shui is Action Movie RPG, not a Manga RPG. Hollywood always try (try is the word) to put a story in the Action movies, and to sell, their must be at least one sex scene and at least one of the original heroes survive all the movie.

Conclusion:

-One of our starting character WILL survive, even if the apocalypse happen.
-There will be a love story and a sex scene.
-Many product will be plugged in the story so the commendit will be happy.
-There will be a story, and it must be a good one if our DM want to enter in his money.

You see, it will be a good game. :cool:
Except that Feng Shui isn't about Hollywood action flicks, but action flicks from Hong Kong. These movies range from Tsui Hark's wuxia flicks, John Woo's gunmetal melodramas, and lots of martial arts flicks (of which Jackie Chan and Jet Li are the most popular).

The Killer was one of the wildest action flicks I've seen, especially the final shootout at the church -- and that movie was made in 1989, before Hollywood adopted many of its tricks. Although there was a romance in that movie (between the Killer and the girl he accidentally blinded in the first shootout), the main emotional focus of the movie was the bond of friendship that developed between the Killer and the Maverick Cop.

It also drives home another difference between Hong Kong action flicks and Hollywood action flicks -- there is no guarantee of a happy ending, especially in the more melodramatic flicks.

Probably the best advice I can give you regarding getting in the mood for the game is going out and renting some of the Hong Kong action flicks listed in Appendix B of the Feng Shui rulebook. You won't regret it.

Last edited:

rbingham2000

Explorer
BTW, Radiant, we're still waiting on that ex-special-forces.

So far we've got Edge (Someone), One Eye (myself), Sun Jin (Velmont) and Dennis (Rybaer), and I haven't seen your character in the Rogue's Gallery yet.

One Eye and Sun Jin may need some backup for those really ugly shootouts, after all!

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
rbingham2000 said:
BTW, Radiant, we're still waiting on that ex-special-forces.

So far we've got Edge (Someone), One Eye (myself), Sun Jin (Velmont) and Dennis (Rybaer), and I haven't seen your character in the Rogue's Gallery yet.

One Eye and Sun Jin may need some backup for those really ugly shootouts, after all!

comming today. If I can find the rogues gallery thread on the restructured boards that is... . :confused:

rbingham2000

Explorer
Radiant said:
comming today. If I can find the rogues gallery thread on the restructured boards that is... . :confused:
Shouldn't be too hard to find, since Rogue's Gallery doesn't usually get a lot of action.

It's still on the first page.

rbingham2000

Explorer
Checked out Tatjana. Definitely not a customer to mess with, especially considering she's Spetznaz (or whatever Russian Special Forces are called). One of the absolute cool things about the Russian military is that they know how to slap people and knock them right off their feet. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her in action!

One thing that has me scratching my head though is why she doesn't have a pistol, a Makarov or something that she keeps on hand if she's attacked? Two MP5K submachine guns are going to be hard as hell to conceal, and they'll be quite conspicuous when they are out anyway, especially in a public place like the fast-food burger joint where Corlon plans to have us meet in the first adventure.

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
rbingham2000 said:
Checked out Tatjana. Definitely not a customer to mess with, especially considering she's Spetznaz (or whatever Russian Special Forces are called). One of the absolute cool things about the Russian military is that they know how to slap people and knock them right off their feet. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her in action!

One thing that has me scratching my head though is why she doesn't have a pistol, a Makarov or something that she keeps on hand if she's attacked? Two MP5K submachine guns are going to be hard as hell to conceal, and they'll be quite conspicuous when they are out anyway, especially in a public place like the fast-food burger joint where Corlon plans to have us meet in the first adventure.

the reason she doesn't have a pistol is cause she only has the weapons I had pictured her using then I thought of the character. Little things like usefullness didn't realy count into that. Going to give her a pistol now. Still she won't even carry that from the start.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads