• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feng Shuit Campaign (Closed)

Radiant

First Post
I'll post a new action for Tatjana since the room will filled with too much smoke and fog to see your own hand by the time her shots start.

Velmont

First Post
Radiant said:
I'll post a new action for Tatjana since the room will filled with too much smoke and fog to see your own hand by the time her shots start.

I know fog annoy all the shooter guys... and it what I wanted to do :D . Seriously, fog was the best protection I could offer to civilians, sorry for your strategy, but I don't know who you are yet.

Someone

Adventurer
Velmont, what I don´t know is how you use Weather to duplicate all the uses of Blast (lightning) Seems a little unfair, since blast allows you only to do one thing and Weather allows for other things like fog, cold, etc. I see the lightning effect as calling a lightning to strike a foe, not you actually shooting one; but of course that´s up to Corlon.

Radiant

First Post
Corlon, where are you? Rybaer hasn't even gotten through Dennis's sequence yet, and Radiant's already started on the next sequence! We've got to know how the NPCs are responding to this assault!

I haven't posted for next sequence, i changed my actions for this one since all the creepy ghost stuff will obviously happen long before the actions i first posted.

Velmont

First Post
Someone, by the rules, it's stat that Ligthning effect of weather is just as Blast. As you think (and is more in concept with the schticks, I approve), it's act like a call ligthning.

As rule are not very clear, I've suppose it act in every way as blast, but if Corlon say it is only a call ligthning, then I'll change my move. I have no problem with have a more restricted ligthning ability, I just finded a cool way to get rid of a mook, instead of always using my brain shredder.

So Corlon, what you think of it?

And at the same time, you need to tell me which substance you choose as my 5th substance I can't pass throught (4 chosen by player, 1 by master, I<ve chosen mine).

rbingham2000

Explorer
Yeah, looks like Sun Jin's fog really threw a wrench in the game-plans of the gunbunnies on both sides. Brings to mind one of Murphy's Laws of Combat: tracers work both ways, as do smoke grenades, laser sights, and just about everything else.

And I was expecting a John Woo-style shootout. Dammit!

I'm just wondering how Corlon's going to handle this turn of events. It looks like we need to figure out just how the hell we're supposed to handle initiative and fights in general.

After all, the one with the highest shot is supposed to go first, and when that high shot turns up in one of the later posts when everyone else is underway in declaring actions, it has the potential to mess things up real fast-like.

It's annoying as hell, but it looks like it's time for me to get some new actions posted.

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
rbingham2000 said:
Yeah, looks like Sun Jin's fog really threw a wrench in the game-plans of the gunbunnies on both sides. Brings to mind one of Murphy's Laws of Combat: tracers work both ways, as do smoke grenades, laser sights, and just about everything else.

And I was expecting a John Woo-style shootout. Dammit!

I'm just wondering how Corlon's going to handle this turn of events. It looks like we need to figure out just how the hell we're supposed to handle initiative and fights in general.

After all, the one with the highest shot is supposed to go first, and when that high shot turns up in one of the later posts when everyone else is underway in declaring actions, it has the potential to mess things up real fast-like.

It's annoying as hell, but it looks like it's time for me to get some new actions posted.

agreed. Still its not so bad, I can live with a changed action. And smoke grenades and fog may take us out but if you play so heavy with supernatural in Feng Shui the shootouts tend to go to the background. (in that case i even count Fu powers and such as supernatural). No prob though I think the ninja and ghost can handle themself and I can play a little more of that "I'm no longer in that business" thing Tatjana has.
The only thing I really don't like is the fact that the start of the game will be mostly coping with the ghost and time travel stuff. Gives me a buffy feel not the John Woo style I hoped for. ;)
Still at least it's damn funny to imagine the looks of those mooks then they see what they've just gotten into :D

Velmont

First Post
Radiant said:
Still at least it's damn funny to imagine the looks of those mooks then they see what they've just gotten into :D

Sorry for that fog if it mess all your plan, but I must say, I don't give a damn to your plan... :D

Seriously, I think they will be better prepare than we may think, after all, that guy was searching for us, he surely know us a bit...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads