• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss

Baron Opal

First Post
James-

Would you consider making a pdf for sale that only had the Demonomicon articles, say every six or so? Or would that be opening more trouble than it's worth?

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Baron Opal said:
James-

Would you consider making a pdf for sale that only had the Demonomicon articles, say every six or so? Or would that be opening more trouble than it's worth?

Per our contract with WotC, we can't offer any of the magazine contents as PDFs until the magazine issue in question sells out. So for now, we can't put any of the Demonomicon articles up online.

As for the molydeus... you'll have to wait another month to find out on that one. I think you'll find it worth the wait though...

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Nightfall said:
Wasn't this around last week?

not this thread, no. i created a new one, because this one was quite... full. ;)

actually, Shade recently reposted the first post of my new thread...

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
James Jacobs said:
As for the molydeus... you'll have to wait another month to find out on that one. I think you'll find it worth the wait though...

that's a not-so-subtle hint. ;)

the preview on the WotC site suggested that the 5 lords from BoVD (well, at least Orcus and Demogorgon) are likely to have been re-statted for FC1, which is just as well since the change from 3.0 to 3.5 happened not long after BoVD was printed.

that leaves us with an additional 9 lords with stats... wonder who they are? :) from James's posts above, it should not be hard to infer that the lords from the Demonomicon articles will not have their stats reprinted in the book, so the remaining 9 will be other demon lords...

and i suspect that the chapter on demon lords will be something to the effect of "14 statted lords" "several paragraphs regarding a number of other well-known lords" and finally "a section of quick notes about the rest of the known lords"?

James Jacobs

Adventurer
BOZ said:
that's a not-so-subtle hint. ;)

the preview on the WotC site suggested that the 5 lords from BoVD (well, at least Orcus and Demogorgon) are likely to have been re-statted for FC1, which is just as well since the change from 3.0 to 3.5 happened not long after BoVD was printed.

that leaves us with an additional 9 lords with stats... wonder who they are? :) from James's posts above, it should not be hard to infer that the lords from the Demonomicon articles will not have their stats reprinted in the book, so the remaining 9 will be other demon lords...

and i suspect that the chapter on demon lords will be something to the effect of "14 statted lords" "several paragraphs regarding a number of other well-known lords" and finally "a section of quick notes about the rest of the known lords"?

What makes you think that the 5 Demonomicon demon lords won't be represented in the stat block chapter? It'd be weird to ignore those five completely, don't you think? Since they're so iconic to the Abys and have been around since 1st edition?

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
James Jacobs said:
Pazuzu: #329
Fraz-Urb'luu: #333
Zuggtmoy: #337
Baphomet: #341
Kostchtchie: #345

Well I cherry-picked 3 of the 4 issues, which is pretty good since I use a non-standard planer set up - only 9 demon lords, and all double as gods, more or less.

Of course my 17th lvl players have priests of winter as enemies - perhaps I can throw Kostchchie at them, calling him some sort of avatar?

James, I think you misread BOZ he said he thought there would be the BoVD Lords in the new book.
Hopefully Demegorgon will be back to baboon heads in the artwork/txt. My poor Pseudonatural-dire ape cult will be much relieved if he is.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
James Jacobs said:
What makes you think that the 5 Demonomicon demon lords won't be represented in the stat block chapter? It'd be weird to ignore those five completely, don't you think? Since they're so iconic to the Abys and have been around since 1st edition?

to avoid overlap? :)

hey, if i'm wrong, i'm wrong, no skin off my nose. i just figured some more space would be dedicated to those who had not yet had stat blocks in 3.5e - but then, i'm not the author. ;)

actually, if the stats are provided again, that's fine by me. it would make sense to have all the big iconic bad guys in one spot. i'm sure i'll be happy with however it turns out. hey, it could be 14 new lords that i've never even heard of before, or it could be 14 that we're quite familiar with and i'm sure i'll be equally happy. :) i'll shut up about that topic now. *cheering noise from the crowd*

Last edited:

Zarnam

First Post
Ahhh....14 demon lords...so many yet so few :)

As for me, I only hope, that the authors (Howdy James, howdy Eric :D ) insert at least one of my favorite Lords (Vucarik in Chains, Lupercio, Eldanoth) in the "empty spaces" between Demonomicon reposts, Demogorgon/Grazzt/Orcus, Pale Night and Dagon... ;)

Shemeska

Adventurer
James Jacobs said:

*grin*

Given the fact that there's a Molydeus proxy of Pale Night named 'The Crimson Simoniac' who has taken an unhealthy interest in the PCs in my current campaign... yeah I'm looking forward to this on a number of levels. *evil grin*

Razz

Banned
Banned
Odd, it's being releases 6/13/06. I thought it really was coming out 6/6/06? That is the Tuesday of the 2nd week of June is it not?

Oh man, now it's 5 weeks we gotta wait and not 4! :(

Remove ads