Fifth Edition Foes Monster Book

The PDF's out? How cool!

Nebulous

Legend
My bet is that this monster is straight out of that scene from Big Trouble in Little China

CpSVDTg.jpg

Astrosicebear

First Post
If this is just a mashup of the monsters from 1e/2e/ and fiend folios, how is the conversion math? 5E isnt set on too many concrete rules for monster conversions...

Is it worth it? Or just convert on the fly yourself?

DocSun

First Post
How many pages is this and the others on their site. I missed the kickstarter but was interested in it until I saw 20$ for each PDF which to me is crazy unless the content is large and mostly useful

DM_Jeff

Explorer
It's 1e/2e/fiend folios and some from Dragon, White Dwarf and other sources, and a bunch of originals as well. I think they did a decent job taking the raw abilities and feel of each creature and interpreting it in 5e fashion. It's obvious a lot of thought was put into making the stats useful and faithful to the originals so I find that a good value. Saves me work and time? OK!

Fifth Edition Foes is 260 pages, I don't think they've released a page count for the others.

Nebulous

Legend
It's 1e/2e/fiend folios and some from Dragon, White Dwarf and other sources, and a bunch of originals as well. I think they did a decent job taking the raw abilities and feel of each creature and interpreting it in 5e fashion. It's obvious a lot of thought was put into making the stats useful and faithful to the originals so I find that a good value. Saves me work and time? OK!

Fifth Edition Foes is 260 pages, I don't think they've released a page count for the others.

I think it's pretty darn cool. It actually *feels* nothing like the 5e Monster Manual, so take that for what it's worth. It gives me Fiend Folio vibes, and that's fine with me.

I love this thing right here:

K1HZa7n.jpg

Remove ads

Remove ads