Filoni got a promotion at Lucasfilm

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
More on the original topic here: I and many other folks have said that Lucasfilm has needed a Kevin Feige for the Star Wars universe, and many of those same people have mentioned Filoni as just the man for the job. I agree and welcome this news. Despite Marvel's recent slump, I think having someone looking at the big picture who also knows the characters and the universe well is a good thing to have. Cheers to Dave!

GreyLord

Legend
Don't forget Disney can do The Muppets' Indiana Solo and the Frozen Dial of Infinity version later.
At this point, a Muppets Star Wars may be the only thing that actually gets me interested in Disney's version of Star Wars at this point. Otherwise, haven't watched any of the shows and have no interest. Muppets could be fun to see as Star Wars or Avengers (sort of like Robot Chicken, but not as dirty).

Still like Indiana Jones and enjoyed the last outing made by Disney.

Zardnaar

Legend
If you're referring to Kathleen Kennedy, then no ... she's still the president of Lucasfilm. I also don't know why she gets so much flak because she was heavily involved with Star Wars under George Lucas as well. It's not like she's some n00b appointed by Disney.

She gets a fair amount of flak. She did some stupid things promoting the sequels. Apparently she also asked for more time with the movies but got over ruled by Iger.

Which meant the movies got rushed.

More on the original topic here: I and many other folks have said that Lucasfilm has needed a Kevin Feige for the Star Wars universe, and many of those same people have mentioned Filoni as just the man for the job. I agree and welcome this news. Despite Marvel's recent slump, I think having someone looking at the big picture who also knows the characters and the universe well is a good thing to have. Cheers to Dave!

Yeah but most people I've seen wanted Favoreau to run Star Wars not Faloni.

But I'm not a fan of Star Wars, so I mostly enjoy the behind the scenes drama.

Besides if Igor can't turn Disney around soon, this likely won't matter as I think Igor, Kennedy, Faloni and others will he gone.

Last edited:

Yeah but most people I've seen wanted Favoreau to run Star Treks, not Faloni.

Besides if Igor can't turn Disney around soon, this likely won't matter as I think Igor, Kennedy, Faloni and others will he gone.

Your thinking Terry Matalas for Star Trek, Favoreau has never done Star Trek, only Star Wars and Marvel.

MarkB

Legend
Yeah but most people I've seen wanted Favoreau to run Star Treks, not Faloni.

Your thinking Terry Matalas for Star Trek, Favoreau has never done Star Trek, only Star Wars and Marvel.
You're... correcting yourself?

Remove ads