Filoni got a promotion at Lucasfilm

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Streaming ratings are down across the board in the last 18 months. I wouldn't read too much into it.
Yeah, media companies had a great boost with the pandemic that's now being reversed as people have other things to do. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of careers are going to be and are already broken in media over stuff that ultimately isn't the fault of the people who will be blamed.

Reynard

Legend
My experience with comic books suggests that any time a good writer is suddenly made a creative director, you have reached the zenith of the line. It is the Peter Principal writ large for creative output.

Thourne

Hero
My experience with comic books suggests that any time a good writer is suddenly made a creative director, you have reached the zenith of the line. It is the Peter Principal writ large for creative output.
Filoni has done some good writing, but he was a director and producer, along with story board artist, before he added writing to his accomplishments. He is far more than just a writer.
He has been an executive creative director since 2020, with the recent promotion being to Chief Creative Officer. He did a lot of work with Favreau on the live action stuff since 2019.

Reynard

Legend
Filoni has done some good writing, but he was a director and producer, along with story board artist, before he added writing to his accomplishments. He is far more than just a writer.
He has been an executive creative director since 2020, with the recent promotion being to Chief Creative Officer. He did a lot of work with Favreau on the live action stuff since 2019.
Yeah. Geoff John's was in charge of a bunch of stuff before they gave him the reins of DC, too. And then we saw it collapse. Same with Michael Bendis over at Marvel. Singular visions inevitably turn myopic and fail the franchise.

Zardnaar

Legend
I have no idea where you are getting the stats from because Disney(like most streamers) doesn't release them. What source are you using?

It was reported on at the time iirc.

Mandalorian S3, Andor, Ahsoka rated lower than earlier shows. Secret invasion had the second lowest ratings ever (Ms Marvel was the lowest) and She Hulk didn't rate well either iirc.

Combination of demand and monitored screens (3 million).

They probably can't give you exact numbers but they can monitor the overall trajectory.

Thourne

Hero
It was reported on at the time iirc.

Mandalorian S3, Andor, Ahsoka rated lower than earlier shows. Secretvinvasion had the second lowest ratings ever (Ms Marvel was the lowest) and She Hulk didn't rate well either iirc.
None of those are Star Wars animation. That is what we were specifically chatting about.

Zardnaar

Legend
None of those are Star Wars animation. That is what we were specifically chatting about.

Article linked to includes animation.

Clone Wars S7 in the Middle, Bad Batch at the bottom below Andor.

This guy's pretty good at covering movies, shows TVs states his sources or links them.

Remove ads