Filoni got a promotion at Lucasfilm

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Hmm. I don't think I've been the audience for a number of the recent Star Wars shows, so this may be a sign that the franchise and I are finally parting ways.

All of the cartoons people rave about, which was most of the Star Wars content for a long period, I totally bounced off of. If they're going to be a big part of the franchise's DNA from here on out, I'm happy for the many fans who love that stuff, but it ain't for me.

Hmm. I don't think I've been the audience for a number of the recent Star Wars shows, so this may be a sign that the franchise and I are finally parting ways.

All of the cartoons people rave about, which was most of the Star Wars content for a long period, I totally bounced off of. If they're going to be a big part of the franchise's DNA from here on out, I'm happy for the many fans who love that stuff, but it ain't for me.

As far I can tell, it's you and the majority of the Star Wars Fandom if what I hear about the ratings is true.

Thourne

Hero
Well Clone Wars was so beloved it was brought back from the dead more than once for additional seasons.
Rebels did well in reviews and ratings.
Resistance didn't seem to catch fire.
The Bad Batch being purely streaming, it is impossible to speak of ratings. It reviews well and has a 3rd season coming.

It is fine, if as Dustyboots says, it isn't a fan's cup of tea but the cartoons have been popular.
For a generation of newer fans they are Star Wars.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Well Clone Wars was so beloved it was brought back from the dead more than once for additional seasons.
Rebels did well in reviews and ratings.
Resistance didn't seem to catch fire.
The Bad Batch being purely streaming, it is impossible to speak of ratings. It reviews well and has a 3rd season coming.

It is fine, if as Dustyboots says, it isn't a fan's cup of tea but the cartoons have been popular.
For a generation of newer fans they are Star Wars.
Yep. I hold no ill will against Disney wanting to focus on the Millennials and Gen Z for whom the cartoons are Star Wars.

Zardnaar

Legend

I like the cartoons a lot but try also need to cater to people who didn't watch them.

Even if they use characters from said cartoon. I liked Ahsoka alot but it needed a few tweaks imho.

Remove ads