D&D (2024) Final Guesses: packet 7 subclasses

So is there some WotC confirmation that only Barbarian, Fighter, Wizard, Warlock and Sorcerer will be in this packet? It really seems like, given they've done major changes which will impact them, Bards should be.

Vael

Legend
What we know:
  • the current roadmap has only 3 more UA packets for PHB playtesting before DMG and MM packets start at Packet 10.
  • Warlocks are confirmed and have Pact Magic back.
  • Individual spell lists are back, but that doesn't imply all classes with spell lists are in the packet.
Aside from that, not sure.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
What we know:
  • the current roadmap has only 3 more UA packets for PHB playtesting before DMG and MM packets start at Packet 10.
  • Individual spell lists are back, but that doesn't imply all classes with spell lists are in the packet.
Well, we know that the Wizard will have a Necromancer option.

What we know:
So the OP just pulled those classes out of his ass?

Vael

Legend
But why those specifically? That's what I don't get. Those don't at all seem like the natural next classes to re-examine to me.
For myself:
  • I don't expect turnaround on any of the P6 classes, the survey just closed.
  • Both weapon mastery and going back to class spell lists were mentioned, both primarily used by the P5 classes.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
But why those specifically? That's what I don't get. Those don't at all seem like the natural next classes to re-examine to me.
They were the five classes in packet #5. It's a reasonable assumption (but it is an assumption) that they would re-address those in packet 7, and not any others, since they've only just got the feedback on the classes in packet 6.

Remove ads