Free D&D 5E Monster A Day PDF On Reddit

The quality of this resource is AMAZING! It shames many other third-party products. I would have paid for this level of editing, really. Our group will definitely use it :) Thanks!

The quality of this resource is AMAZING! It shames many other third-party products. I would have paid for this level of editing, really. Our group will definitely use it :)

Thanks!

Cool.
I wonder if those are those Creative Common pieces of artwork of if he's "borrowing" art because the content is free (and already of dubious legality)

Remathilis

Legend
Cool.
I wonder if those are those Creative Common pieces of artwork of if he's "borrowing" art because the content is free (and already of dubious legality)

I guarantee you that the art is NOT creative commons; a lot of it is from Pathfinder or Magic: the Gathering (as are a few of the monsters themselves; Eldrazi and Slivers are longstanding MtG staples.)

As a fan work, its pretty cool. However, I don't know if its me, but the page size varies wildly from entry to entry, as does the formatting (horizontal to vertical) making the work hard to read one-after-another.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Cool.

Pretty sure they're not - I'm seeing a lot of Pathfinder art.

It's fan stuff, though. Whether or not you have an issue with his copyright violations of the artists...it's a nuanced thing. You could always go buy WAR's new book as a way of paying for looking at his art used without his permission! Not sure that'll help some of the other concept artists there...

Neyd

First Post
Really digging it on first glance, but when I download it and open it locally some of the pages are scaled differently, anyone else having this issue?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Really digging it on first glance, but when I download it and open it locally some of the pages are scaled differently, anyone else having this issue?

Yeah he is aware of that issue. He is going back through and adjusting the pages that are scaled different, but that's going to take some time (I think they are adjusting one page a day). The PDF was sort of thrown together after-the-fact, as each page represents a different post from a different day. Initially I don't think he was thinking of putting it all in a PDF and therefore would need to be concerned with scaling. For now you can go to each individual page and print them from there. There is an index of individual pages. That index also lists notes on changes, added lore, etc..

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads