Free D&D 5E Monster A Day PDF On Reddit

The quality of this resource is AMAZING! It shames many other third-party products. I would have paid for this level of editing, really. Our group will definitely use it :) Thanks!

The quality of this resource is AMAZING! It shames many other third-party products. I would have paid for this level of editing, really. Our group will definitely use it :)

Thanks!

Radaceus

Adventurer
This is good stuff, without the art, though I think within the fan community it should be very possible for up and coming artistic fans to contribute to ( much in the same way the very first MMs were done)

OFF-TOPIC~regarding the sexism conversation:

My wife (who plays in my campaign as a Half-Elf Sorceress) jokes when she levels up that she needs to find a new avatar with less clothing....this is to culminate in the epic levels wearing only a mithril bikini. That is, just like in MMOs, the higher level your character, the less they wear :)
She expects this in her heroines, and sure the scantily clad is a running joke, but in seriousness she wants to play this type of amazonian, Boudiccean, Sacajawean, huntress style character. Does she flaunt herself like a harlot in game(s)...nope, but she may like the idea of her raw expressed primal sexuality.

I would be curious to hear other female gamers attitudes toward this genre of Frazzetta/Vellejo styled art, and its depiction for female avatars in RPGs, maybe we should start a thread on it

Dragoslav

First Post
Very fine product. Can't wait to download it and distribute it freely among everyone I know.
But it can be. The woman in the image on the front page is drawn in a sexist way: she doesn't have agency, she's drawn in a way to please the presumed male audience.
Of course the woman in the picture doesn't have agency: she's a drawing. No actual women were coerced into dressing that way and posing for a photograph in order to produce that image.

I mean, look at the guy right next to her - it's a perfect counterexample. He's fully covered, head-to-toe. His pose is more aggressive and he looks like he's actually about to do something - not just waiting for something to be done to him. She should look like that.
She should look like that? So you're the official art censor now, are you? I'm sure you would like it if she were drawn that way, but that's just your personal taste. Besides, you don't know that she's not "about to do something" -- maybe she's luring her opponent into letting his guard down so she can cast a spell or unexpectedly pull a dagger against his throat. Your interpretation is very disempowering.

Pants

First Post
But I hold myself to a different standard and am crawling through Deviantart looking for decent Creative Commons artwork I can use for my own PDFs (prettying up my homebrew content), and it's slow and annoying. I was hoping to just copy some names from this PDF...
I forgot to respond to this earlier, but this is a great idea, but how do you know what is Creative Commons? I have a bunch of monsters that I've to slap into a pdf and release for free on the interwebs and a bit of artwork would a nice addition, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes (legally speaking).

I forgot to respond to this earlier, but this is a great idea, but how do you know what is Creative Commons? I have a bunch of monsters that I've to slap into a pdf and release for free on the interwebs and a bit of artwork would a nice addition, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes (legally speaking).
The very bottom right of a deviantart image will say. It'll generally be pretty visible if someone is making content Creative Commons. Just look for the logo.

Remove ads

Remove ads