• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Full preview unlocked!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Not when the designers constantly say that it will have lots of optional modules to tweak the game...

Again, the options section is larger than the rules section of the PHB. You've yet to support your argument that the options section for the DMG is small, and relative to the rules section in the PHB, it looks quite large.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I did a magic item count that our characters encountered through the caves in Horde of the Drag Queen, and it amounts to zero, and we are fourth level.

Our party of 6 PCs all had magic items by level 5, and about half have multiple magic items. I don't know why you view Horde as the standard, but it's not. The game is lowER on the magic items than 3e, but it's not devoid of them. And magic items are hardly the only, or even primary, element of magic in a game.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
My only disappointment is that only one page is dedicated to Known Worlds of the Material Planes... so.... what, a paragraph of the many Dungeons and Dragons worlds.....Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, Greyhawk, Eberron, Ravenloft (could be in the Shadowfell section), Birthright, Mystara, Dark Sun, Nentir Vale and others.. Seems like not a lot of space for such an important part of the game itself. I was personally hoping for a Basic World Map and a one to one and half page primer on each at least.

While I personally would have liked more as well, let's think about this. Spelljammer, Ravenloft and Planescape would not logically be in this section. I presume it applies to Prime Material realms.

For developed "planets" in D&D, we have:

1.) FR

2.) GH

3.) Everton

4.) DL

5.) Mystarra

6.) DS

7.) BR

Nothing else is really full world; I think 1-4 could get some development in a page, and mentions for the other three. In addition, the established worlds might come up as examples throughout that section. This ToC leaves a lot of questions.

Lord Blackstone

First Post
While I personally would have liked more as well, let's think about this. Spelljammer, Ravenloft and Planescape would not logically be in this section. I presume it applies to Prime Material realms.

For developed "planets" in D&D, we have:

1.) FR

2.) GH

3.) Everton

4.) DL

5.) Mystarra

6.) DS

7.) BR

Nothing else is really full world; I think 1-4 could get some development in a page, and mentions for the other three. In addition, the established worlds might come up as examples throughout that section. This ToC leaves a lot of questions.

Its not for me really. I am thinking about the newer players that don't know about these worlds. It would be a nice place to put a small primer of each.

Zaran

Adventurer
Its not for me really. I am thinking about the newer players that don't know about these worlds. It would be a nice place to put a small primer of each.

What would the point be? I guess so they can go look up the world on the internet. If that's the case they can just have a list "These are the worlds from past editions you might find info on" Otherwise I think a page is too much. There is no way they can give enough info for a GM to do anything more than go look for more.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads