• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[FULL] Star Wars D20 Revised Episode III - Episode IV

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Understandable. As far as the chat goes, we've had 4 out of 6 respond and from the Looks of it. Thursday and certain Saturday nights might be the best times. I can try to be on a bit earlier than 11 for those of you who are not third shifters... If everyone agrees to one of those times, let us know and we'll plan for either this week or one of the next two weeks.

Ambrus

Explorer
I'd prefer this saturday since I could play late since I'm not working on sunday. I could also play on thursday though starting earlier would be preferable. Just let me know and I'll be there either night or both nights. Anyone know a good chat room we could use? :D

Ambrus

Explorer
Just out of curiosity, from what I've read about Taris, it used to be a city planet like Coruscant. I'm a bit surprised to see all this wide, flat, open green space and flora. Is the communication array perhaps built in an ancient park area or has the planet's surface fully reverted to wilderness or am I missing something?

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Not having played Knights of the Old Republic, you may have missed (as I hinted to in the intro) Darth Malak's special attention to Taris. And I quote: "Wipe this planet from the face of the galaxy." Which Admiral Karth and the Sith Fleet promptly did. This was of course over 3000 years before your time...

Ambrus

Explorer
Ah, so all those nice ancient cities were leveled thousands of years ago? Alright, that makes sense. I thought the planetary devastation had yet to occur. I didn't realize that Knights of the Old Republic meant Really Old Republic. :eek:

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Since Melkor has not been seen for almost two weeks. I'm going to let you guys vote to replace him with Linnorm, assuming he is still interested. Go ahead and post your votes here and I'll send out a feeler for Linnorm.

Ambrus

Explorer
You may have missed the fact that Galethorn has also not yet posted his action for the next round of combat. I don't know why it's taking so long to hear back from some players. I'm enjoying the game so far, but the frequency of posts seems to be slowing down more and more. My own personal preference would be to average more than a single round of posts per week to ensure that the game keeps rolling at a decent pace (hell, I'd post everyday if I could). I don't think that a commitment to post regularly is too much to ask. If that means replacing inactive/too-busy/disinterested players with other players that want to play and who are willing and able to post then I have no objections. The game must go on. I have to admit, I only started playing PBP games a few months ago so perhaps my expectations are simply too high.

I'd suggest posting a time limit for replies. If a player doesn't respond by then, then his character can be assumed to be doing/saying nothing or simply repeating his previous action if appropriate. Just my two cents though.

Nephtys

First Post
Ambrus said:
I'd suggest posting a time limit for replies. If a player doesn't respond by then, then his character can be assumed to be doing/saying nothing or simply repeating his previous action if appropriate. Just my two cents though.

I second that, you could always NPC the character (if you don't make it do something too heroic or ooc).

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Agreed about the time limit. I thought I mentioned that when I first agreed to run it that I preferred regular posters. What I find odd is that Melkor originally posted the idea to run the game... And you're right, I did miss Galethorn's post as well. I had miscounted when I was checking.

So here's the deal. Starting now, barring a post that you will be out/gone/passing into oblivion/etc., I have a limit of three days between posts. If we are in combat and you miss that, I will NPC your actions for that round, usually being something similar to the prior round depending on circumstances. If we are not in combat, after three days, an inquiry will be made and subsequent NPCing out of the story as the story flows, allowing for new/alt PCs to enter as necessary.

Though I am not new to roleplaying, I am not a veteran of PbPing and after looking at the styles of the more successful DMs on this board, I think that is a fair ruling. What do you guys think?

As far as the round goes, I'm going to try to finish it before I head to work. My Xbox game ran long this morning and I hadn't had time to update this game yet... Wish me luck.... If not, I promise to finish it tonight when I return from work (around 9:30pCST).

Last edited:

Remove ads