D&D General Fund raiser to save birthplace of D&D Gary Gygax's house in Lake Geneva

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
No one related to Gygax or Arneson own this home
But it was Gygax's home when he started working on everything that became D&D, right? (Or did I miss something?)

For example, near where I live, Mark Twain's house is a historical because of the impact he had. I think helping preserve the place where D&D was conceived could merit some support from the company that is banking on its legacy. 🤷‍♂️

If you don't feel that way, that is perfectly fine, but please don't engage me about it again as I have expressed my views and there is really nothing more to say about it. Thank you.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Completely agree. It's sad how, when some people ask for help, there's always a few jerks who'll come out of the woodwork to offer their unsolicited opinions about why they don't deserve any.
If questioning the validity of asking the public to fund your home renovations in your over $350,000 SECOND home makes you a jerk then I will be proudly be in good company with Steve Martin as The Jerk™

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
If questioning the validity of asking the public to fund your home renovations in your over $350,000 SECOND home makes you a jerk then I will be proudly be in good company with Steve Martin as The Jerk™
Wow.

So much cope. You're really exhausting EN World's supply of copium by claiming that you're proud of breaking this site's "don't be a jerk" rule.

Like, my guy, it's okay to admit that you're offended by seeing other people ask for help with something. This isn't the way to come to terms with that.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Wow.

So much cope. You're really exhausting EN World's supply of copium by claiming that you're proud of breaking this site's "don't be a jerk" rule.

Like, my guy, it's okay to admit that you're offended by seeing other people ask for help with something. This isn't the way to come to terms with that.
This isn't quite the right way to use that term in this instance (why would I be exhausting Enworld's supply?) but I applaud what you've done here all the same.

We should get a drink sometime, I think we'd get along.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Wow.

I think it's fair to evaluate a fundraising campaign asking for help because someone has huge medical bills because of an organ transplant, difficult pregnancy, disability, or some other unprovoked medical tragedy differently from one asking for help in maintaining a vacation home that happens to have a relatively obscure cultural cachet. There's needing help for a necessity vs wanting help for a luxury.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Wow.

Calm down, please.

darjr

I crit!
By all means, give them as much money as you like. It just isn't a clear cut unambiguous good as you seem to think it is. I host a free 4 day gaming con at my house every year. Should I ask for donations to replace my siding from attendees? Do I then owe them some kind of return when I sell my house for the increased value I got from all the solicited improvements?

Yeah, I won't be donating to fix up somebody's second home. Who may or may not already charge for events. Come on, this isn't petty. I just chucked a $100 to Ukraine instead. Many more worthwhile things.
I never said it was an unambiguous good, stop putting words in my mouth.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Wow.

Mod Note:
So, you throw around calling folks jerks. You make it personal. And then, to put an ironic cap on it, you try to invoke site rules to get other people to stand down?

Maybe you should walk this back several steps, before you regret it.

Remove ads