• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Game Derailment

Steel_Wind

Legend
Rise Unthread Minions! Rise!

In a similar vein, during an audio question forwarded to the the Order 66 Podcast, some listener was asking a reasonable question for a rules clarification for the Star Wars: SE RPG.

At the end of his question, the listener's voice-mail when played over the air mumbled, "thanks in advance". The "thanks" part was admittedly, rather unclear when played on air.

The guest on the podcast episode, Sam Witwer, piped up "Wait a minute. Did he just say "sex in advance"?

The podcast was derailed for a minute or three after that. It has since become an in-joke amongst many listeners to promise "sex in advance" as payment for their question being answered ...

Woas

First Post
Ohh I see what you mean. I thought this thread was going to be people telling anecdotes about how their railroad adventure got derailed. :angel:

IronWolf

blank
In a campaign we played we had I believe a bard or something along that lines that had a journalistic slant. He tended to make rubbings of various text we mind find along our explorations.

One time, we had finished battling some evil elements in some room that had some inscriptions, as the party was getting ready to go he called "wait just a minute, I am going to rub one out."

Smoss

First Post
Well, there was the time that a friend was doing his DM thing and was planning on being completely serious - Everything we said was "in-game". That was a mistake.

We were up against a demon called "Neighbor Finnian" (Funny enough by itself), and we gave him a trapped scroll (He asked for it - literally!). It zapped him with electricity that left his hair standing straight up.

Friend says, "You look just like Don King!"

DM says - In character - "And who is that?"

Friend instantly replies, "The god of bad hair..."

Needless to say, the session ended there as all seriousness was over...
------------------
Of course, there is also my time as DM and the party encountered the "Divine Yum-Yum". It was a mangy malformed stray cat that some cultists were using as a "sign" from their mad god. In reality they just made up whatever they wanted for its "divine words" so that they could control the lesser cultists.

Of course, the PCs decided to take advantage. They used magical ventriloquism to make it talk, then to keep the handlers from changing things, they pumped energy into the critter. It started bouncing around like a hyperkinetic "Super Fun Ball" (TM)... The exploded in a burst of flame and fur. My poorly chosen words that ended the session for that night?

"Poof goes the Divine Yum-Yum".

Not quite sure why they found it THAT hilarious, but it cracks them up to this day...
------------------
Smoss
Doulairen (Doulairen)
Or go directly to details on my RPG system:
RPG System (Doulairen)

Mentat55

First Post
An old DM of mine was once drawing a rough map of a valley we were in. Suddenly all the players start snickering. He looks at his map, rolls his eyes, and finally starts laughing along with us...his map looked just like a Georgia O'Keefe painting.

Remove ads