Gaming W/Jemal - Epic Mortal Kombat (Character creation.)

Lord_Raven88

First Post
I'd love to play in an Epic game, but it certaintly takes a lot of work to create a fully fleshed out character. Infact the hardest part is coming up with a decent enough background to explain what the character has been up to for the past 20+ levels.

The main concept I want to try out is an epic Master of the Unseen Hand.

Regarding DMing an Epic game I've been seriously considering it, but I'm waiting for Upper Crust to finish the Immortals Handbook. As I'd rather use that than the current rules.

Insight

Adventurer
In terms of concepts, wow, there are so many things you can do with 20+ levels of character building.

If someone is actually offering to DM, I'll throw out six concepts or so and see what meshes with what everyone else has.

Arknath

First Post
Definitely interested in an epic campaign specifically for the reason Jemal mentioned earlier. Story and character development are paramount because more thought goes into the character. I have a few concepts and I don't think the epic rules are "stupid" or "silly" as some others tend to, but they are more dramatic and cinematic than the normal rules. After all, anyone who wants realism in their D&D shouldn't be playing fantasy RPGs. :) Just MHO.

Count me in!!

Arknath

First Post
Heh...i hadn't posted in a while and i was looking at my sig and the old games i was in/DM'd. I still would like to do that one (because the world has come back to me and is better than ever) but I'm not sure if I'm ready to take on that sort of campaign yet. Maybe in the future but I'd need time to get things together first. ;)

So a succinct answer to your question is that i"m interested in playing for now.

As a side note, the game would be in my home brew world. I'm quite surprised that the boards kept my old threads.

Jemal

Adventurer
Far As I can tell, the boards keep all old threads... THere hasn't been a wipe that I'm aware of since I signed up. I've still got some old bookmarked game threads that are 3-4 years old.

And btw, Salthorae... Nice try, too bad Ark didn't go for it. ;)

One more thing - Why do so many people see Character Creation as 'work'? I personally find it one of the best parts of the game! You've got a blank slate, a person who could do (Or may have done in the past) ANYTHING!!

Sure some people don't like the number adding, poring over books, sweeping through feats and Prestige classes... but to me it's like Pizza and Pepsi with the "Epic" part being the Chocolate on the side. :)

Heck, the main reason I DM Epic for my RL Group is so I have somewhere to test out all those Epic Character Ideas I have for Villainous types.

SO.. no takers on DMing yet, eh?

Arknath

First Post
Jemal,

Actually, I think you were in a first level game of mine back around the same time as well. Still ended it because I thought the world was going belly up (IRL). :) Probably don't remember me though.

Man...I'd love to DM an epic game. But right now I'm devoting too much time to my TT game and other endeavors (I've seem to have found a who likes being around me...still can't figure out why! :) ), but that game (that I was running - Forgiveness is Divine) would be fun for sure. My only problem is I don't think I could give it the attention and tender-loving care that I like to give my games...I'll keep you guys posted if I get bored and run out of things to do. :)

Anyway, thanks for the vote...

Jemal

Adventurer
Actually I do remember Gaming with you, just can't really remember details..

It's mostly names I remember from my ENWorld games a few years later.. the people I thought were good roleplayers/DM's and fun to game with.

Pyrex

First Post
Arknath said:
...but that game (that I was running - Forgiveness is Divine) would be fun for sure. My only problem is I don't think I could give it the attention and tender-loving care that I like to give my games...I'll keep you guys posted if I get bored and run out of things to do. :)...

You ever do restart it I want back in on it. It was just getting interesting... :lol:

Remove ads