• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal - Epic Mortal Kombat (Character creation.)

Jemal

Adventurer
except that those of us who've played everything in the core books that we have ever wanted to play need a bit more... I bought all the complete's b/c to me, D&D is about options, and the higher level you are, the more options you should have. I agree with the no custom items thing (unless your character designs and crafts it themselves), but SRD only kinda sucks for guys like me, who can't make most of the character's we'ld want to play at Epic without at least a few splat books.

if it were SRD only, the only character I'd want to play would be a sorc/archmage.

Hmmm...maybe a straight fighter just so I could pick a single epic feat (DR or Fast heal or Epic Speed) and take it 10-20 times. :D Go super-speed!

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
I think I could still have fun SRD only, just not as much. I too thrive on options for my character builds, though I've begun to be less than enthusiastic about buying new books. I may actually be getting to the point were I think there are now TOO many option/splat books out there...sigh :)

I agree with Jemal as far as custom items goes, though even then I think they should be limited to 1 or 2 at most, still per DM approval.

Insight

Adventurer
It's up to the DM obviously, but I'd start with the list of outside books the DM personally owns / has regular access to, and go from there. If all he has is the Core Rules (unlikely), so be it. Most DMs interested in running an epic game would almost certainly have access to non-Core books. Whether they want those options available in play is another matter entirely.

Amazing Triangle

First Post
I would love to play a 30th level game. I would love to play something that has very few prestige classes, if only one....maybe that epic monk/sorcerer/enlightened fist. I think the part about epic characters should be more about the character than the build. So is there a DM here or are we all just hoping for an epic game. I would love to play one but have no experience DMing one as of yet. Have lots of experience playing in epic games.

Arknath

First Post
so far we're waiting for someone who 1) has the time (not I :( ) and 2) doesn't already have an epic game on these boards (Jemal). Sooo..if you know anyone.. :D

Remove ads