• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal - FinalFantasy D&D (Going Again!)

Shayuri

First Post
lol

Because it all comes from insecurities that manifest in most of the games I play, sooner or later? :)

Or...someone else warned me about this before, and I pooh-poohed it...

Or...I said it before, and forgot.

Or someone else said it about their character...

Stop me if I'm getting warm. :)

it comes with creating characters based on interesting concepts. these concepts might not work, or they might not be as effective as more... normal characters, but one want's to see their character, but when you start to compare to other characters it might seem like you're draging down the party or not pulling your weight. one just needs to find what they can do that is helpful no matter how small or meaningless it seems. a character that falls behind in combat damage is usually over looked by enemies, no one really pays attention to the brute in conversations allowing them to observe others. i'm not meaning to poke holes in your character just sharing points from past characters i've made.

some times the game just seems biased against some concepts...
*coughmonsterscough*
...not in home brewed campains of course, (")(") *big kitty eyes* "meow?"

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Minor nitpick :)
[sblock=Jemal]Delayed Blast Fireball requires caster level 13 as a Wizard or 14 as a Sorcerer to learn or scribe, as a 7th-level spell, so normally a scroll of it would have a minimum of that caster level. Just mentioning, cuz I'm a geek. Yes, I'm aware that would make it a tad harder for Mikken to try casting from the scrolls.[/sblock]

That aside, it'll be hard to justify Mikken not traveling with Aluf and Kyo if they leave. Heck, it'd probably be hard for Leita to do so, since she came along as a rabid Kyo-fangirl. Mikken's more like a sidekick/fanboy... He could be persuaded to stick with the caravan, as part of his duty or something, but would be naturally inclined to follow his favorite cousin.

Jemal

Adventurer
Ark - Whoops, I thought DBF was 6th lvl. make the CL on them 13th then.

As to the story, I'm having to write out three PC's and this was the most beleivable reason I came up with that doesn't mess up the story progression too much. I'd like to promote Mikken to 'main character' and have Aluf entrust you (And the rest of the party, presuming they agree to help) with guarding the caravan.

Shayuri

First Post
Jemal - Any more details about the artifact Deezy's tracking? Was it in the possession of the bandits? Or any clues to where it might be?

Jemal

Adventurer
I was just thinking and to my knowledge, I haven't posted any XP gains so far... sorry bout that, all.

Due to pc's switching out, I'm just goign to split all the XP between everyone who's 'currently' here. Mikken, Leita, Sly, Toral, Deezy, and Blue.
The Oven encounter (WAAAAY back when) was worth 5,000.
The first Bandit encounter with the Black Blades(Also a while ago) was worth 12,000.
The Snake Encounter was another 5,000, and the bandit encounter you just finished is worth 11,000.

That's a total of 33,000 Combat Xp divided 6 ways, so 5,500 xp each. (Due to Mikken's "special" ability, he gains an additional 10%, or 550)

In addition to that, Everyone gains 1,000 Story XP for making it this far and putting up with me. ;) Since everybody started at 50,000 that puts you all at lvl 11 now.
Everybody should be at a total of 56,500 XP (Except Mikken at 57,050).
Please update your character sheets, though pass things through here before doing so.

Arkhandus

First Post
Yay. ^_^

Mikken actually has 55,718 XP now, due to his magic item crafting/scribing before play. Still 11th-level of course.

But I'm kinda torn on how to level him up. Another duelist level will boost his AC and Initiative, but another eldritch knight level will give him more 4th-level spells... I'm leaning towards EK so far, as Greater Invisibility would be very handy.

Jemal

Adventurer
i'd also suggest going with the EK. and thanks for being honest bout the xp spending, I'd completely forgotten.

Arkhandus

First Post
Mikken updated in Rogues' Gallery. EK 4, +5 hp (1d6=2 +3 Con with vest, link to the InvisibleCastle roll is at the bottom of the charsheet), +1 BAB, +1 Fort, +1 caster level, +1 4th-level slot, +1 3rd-level slot, learned Slow and Greater Invisibility, +1 Spellcraft rank, +2 Concentration ranks, +5 Jump ranks, +2 synergy to Tumble, minor change to prepared spells, fixed spell save DCs for Fox's Cunning (though he never uses it, so far), replaced the old weapon placeholders I had forgotten about in there, added the bandit's scrolls, and cut out the extraneous attack routines for different buff spells active, besides (Mass) Enlarge Person.

Remove ads